Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using the new rane mp4 with VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello again,

Is anyone using the new RANE MP4 single rack space mixer with the built in 24 bit sound card? I was told by Rane that the serato software in combination with the sound card is NOT proprietary, that a dj will be able depending on the software work with VDJ????? Wanting to hear anyone's feedback.

Thanks,
DJ Yanni - Bag End Loudspeakers

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, being that "The MP 4 supports standard ASIO driver format" [from their User manual]; it should work. But, don't have one to test. Maybe someone with $799 bucks can get one and try it out.

cstoll

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:35 pm
thanks for the reply, even though the manual says asio drivers, i was able to get through to rane and they did cofirm it can be used with other software besides serato. $799.00 seems high, they are selling it in the chicago area for about 499.00. I own 2 units, one as my main and the other for my laptop on smaller gigs.

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So you have it hooked and setup with VDJ? I am looking for a good easy setup mixer for my small gig box where I would just be using my laptop. And, I like the specs of the MP4.

Fill me in if you can.

cstoll

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 1:29 am
I'm doing the set up this weekend. I was told it should be no problem. If you need a price or more info you can call Pro Mix www.pro-mix.com ask for laura or mike, tell them john the sales manager at Bag End Loudspeakers sent you.

thanks

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 11:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)