Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Good Cameras for Webcam Plug in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anybody give a recomendation for a usb or other camera to use for live video with virtual dj.
Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 3:47 am
We use a switch box to change from the computer, DVD player, to live camera. It reduces the load on the computer and gives you the flexibility to switch between 3 or 4 different sources. Radio Shack has a switch box for 21.00 that will suffice. You will have to use a few different adapters to get everything to work right, depending on your video display. Be ready to adapt to a variety of connections and be sure to set up and test everything way before you do a gig with this stuff. You can use a video camera with a 0 lux rating so that low light shots look better. You can use an older video camera that has RCA out puts for this. I hope this helps.

Posted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 6:46 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you not tried the picture in picture feature with the free firetext plugin, try it you will be pleased I'm sure.

Posted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 7:27 pm
check out what you can do with the plugin once you get your camera...

Posted Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 7:10 pm
I have tried using a camera a few years back with VDJ, but found that it chewed too much cpu usage, for any decent quality resolution shown on the screens. Bit of a waste of $200 for a great webcam!

Thing may be better these days.

Posted Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 8:39 am
reports from guys using the Firetext plugin with cameras are good. As you can see above that was just a tv feed into the PIP feature, cams look fantastic when showing the audience.

Posted Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 9:19 am

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 6:18 am
Wait there is a plugin that let's you mix a live video feed from your computer, or camera hooked up to your computer, with other video footage?

Posted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 1:25 pm
Sorry,You must be a License user...Cheers!

Posted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 6:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)