Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A Little Idea

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Last night i had the idea of playing videos while using both decks to mix audio files.

to do this i opened another copy of VDJ and turned off videos, then i loaded two identical videos into both decks on the first copy, and killed the 3 EQ faders completely. play the 2 videos at the same time (or beatlock them to get them perfectly aligned). this means that when u use an external mixer (like a herc DJ console for example, which moves the fader on each copy of VDJ together) the video on both decks will be the same, leaving you to mix on the 1st copy of VDJ using audio files.

I tried this but my poor puter only has 512 of ram so it kinda killed it lol, but if someone has a powerful enough puter to try it, post a note here to report.

Oh i loaded 2 25min vids on the 1st two decks (which probably contributed to the murder of computer lol)

Nebula

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 1:57 pm
you can disable hercules control in one instance of VDJ,
and then you can just move the volume slider down and you don't need to kill 3 eqs :-)

the rest I cannot confirm but in my opinion you can use just one instance if vdj
and turn on the manual fader for videos

or just use other software (winamp/ mediaplayer) for the video playback (but loosing beatlock) and your computer will be ok i hope.

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 12:33 pm
cool idea ;)

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:21 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Oh yeah, spose so lol. :o)

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 10:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)