Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Effect: Text

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcdocPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Using VDJ 6.01 - Full Video Skin for Karaoke on one side and a playlist of videos on the other.

My Karaoke singers and spectators LOVE the extra lyrics and joking comments I add to the Karaoke songs via TEXT on the Video Effects. One of my objectives is to crack up the singer enough to make them laugh while singing!!! For the most part - I am able to pop up a comment and take it down without any issues. Lately - when I hit "apply" to add up some text - the entire "output" video screen scrambles. I am not sure if this is a memory issue, a file format issue if the actual Music video on the other side is not mp4 - or what.

It is an actual desktop computer we built for this gig with a super nice video card - and when the scramble happens - I can dactivate the TV out and Re-activate it to get the video and or karaoke back up.

Any ideas?

Posted Sat 06 Feb 10 @ 12:02 am
I run VDJ 5.2.1 on a Macbook pro, using Bootcamp to run Windows XP service pack 2 on my Mac. I spin mostly video and karaoke. I started using 8th wonder MP-4's and using Handbrake to convert all my VOB and MPEG-2 files because my 2 terabyte drives where completely full. Since doing so I am experiencing a lot freezes. It seems to run fine in the begining but as I start to tax VDJ by loading playing videos or karaoke files; set cue points, syncing bpms on the opposite deck or adjusting gains on the new video/karaoke fiiles I am trying to load it will start to studar and eventually lock up both virtual decks. I never crashes and tells me to restart when possible it will just lock up and force me to shut down and restart the computer.

It seemed when I just ran VOB's or Mpeg-2 I had none of these issues, I wondered if you are playing Mpeg-4 videos with no problems?

What are you using to my video with VDJ a laptop or desktop?

What type of controller are you using with VDJ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff Modjeska
mojo3467@yahoo.com
www.jampartyconnections.com
608-576-3764

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 12:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)