Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Decisions Decisions! Dac 3 controler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Got a question for you all. I absolutely love virtual dj. Ive got the Herc with the console version. Firstly what is the difference between the full $99 version and the Herc version??? And if i were to buy this would i be able to use a DAC 3 controler with it and control it with a seperate mixer???

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 7:40 pm
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Didn't know there was a dac 3 available, what are the differences between the 2 & 3? I'm sorry I can't answer your first question. Still a very new VDJ user that hasn't figured it all out yet

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 4:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To answer your first question the version that released with the Herc console was tailored for the Herc and is limited in functionality.

Next - the upgrade to the Full 2.1 Version is 99 Euros not $99 US - when you buy it the conversion is done for you (currently approx $124.95 US )

Third - not that I am not recommending it, but; the DAC-3 just has more buttons than the DAC-2. 95% of those new buttons provide funtions that are already do able by using shortcuts to keyboard keys. So, IMO; no new functionality is achieved by having a DAC-3 ($500) vs. DAC-2 ($350).

cstoll

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:28 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I wanna steal some of those buttons for effects presets.

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 11:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)