Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: tcv mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello,
i have tcv with vdj and when playing mp3 i can change pitch as normal from 1210 record deck. I can place the needle anywhere on the record and it changes the position in the mp3 fine.
however, if i reverse the record it still carries on playing forward. this creates a problem when cueing the track. and will obviously create problems when scratching. can anyone tell me if this is normal and the limits to which the vdj and tcv will work. or is there something i have forgot to configure.
i am using the onboard sound on my laptop at the moment with one turntable. i have tried asio 4 all which give the same poor results as the other drivers. i am aware of the scratch settings, however i just want to be able to place needle down, find first beat or a cue point and drop it in.
any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
leeroy

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 7:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
leeroy,

When you went through the setup of the TCV did you get 100% signal quality?

You are using the LINE-IN jack on your laptop or the MIC-IN jack?

What you are describing I only experienced once and it was because only 1 channel of the TimeCode was being read. The timecode is a stereo signal, and the software relies on both channels for total control. If you are only using the MIC-IN jack then that is a mono signal and won't work. If your laptop has a true LINE-IN jack then you need to go back to the VDJ settings for the Sound Card and look at the Low Latency configuration again.

Could you post the specs of your laptop? And are you using the VDJ TCVs?

Here is a link to a lengthy post with another user that is trying to get their set-up configured properly -- might find some good pointers.

Link - http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12252

cstoll

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 8:15 pm
hello, thanks for replying. yes, my laptop input is a mic input and therfore is a mono signal. so i best get myself a proper usb, firewire or cardbus audio interface. looking at the e-mu 1616 for £300.
thanks
leeroy

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 8:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 6:34 am
KUESHome userMember since 2005

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 4:35 pm
have just ordered a maya 44 usb. until now i only found a maya 44 usb for £110 + delivery. So got a good deal. thanks.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 4:54 pm
card works great w/ TCV- ull soon see how great it is

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 7:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)