Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HEADPHONES

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tatiHome userMember since 2005
I JUST BOUGHT A PEVEY MIXER (PV6) AND DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE EARPHONES TO THE VIRTUAL DJ. I WANT TO HAVE 2 SONGS PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME, SO I COULD EVENTUALLY HEAR THE OTHER SONG BEFORE I PLAY IT. IN OTHER WORDS, WHILE IM PLAYING A SONG I WANT TO LISTEN TO THE OTHER WITH THE EARPHONES BEFORE I PLAY IT. FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME. THANKS YOUR HELP WILL BE APRECIATED

SINCERLY, FERNANDO

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 4:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't use ALL CAPS in the forum please.

Also, you are going to need the full version of VDJ to get the full experience of split outputs of the decks.

cstoll

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 7:09 pm
DjP___Home userMember since 2005
How do you split the outputs ?

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 4:53 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The ability to split the outputs to 2 seperate channels is not available in the trial version.
This is very simple to do with the full version.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 5:35 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ DJ Rick: do u mean that one channel can be played thru the left earphone, and the other thru the right one?

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 11:07 pm
ive tried doing the suggested way in the manual,. maybe i did it wrong, but it hasnt worked properly. is this something being revised in the version 3 manual, or have i missed something...?

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 2:15 am
djnachoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi, I am new at all this and i cant work how to split the sound of one turntable from the other. I have been searching the forum but still without luck. I have my centrino with the original sound card. Do I need another sound card? Because reading the forum, people say that they dont need it, that they use the original from the computer...but, if that is the case, how do you split the sound? What configuration do i need to select in VDJ?
With my computer I also have my external mixer and 2 technics. I would love to know how to have the
VDJ turntables on 2 channels of the mixer....My computer has 2 headphones outputs....do I use those or is better to do it through the USB ports?
Well, I know is the tipical question but i would appreciate any help.
thanks
nacho

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 2:06 pm
dj nacho:

Basic setup, easiest way:

VDJ DECK A ----- > MIXER LINE 1
VDJ DECK B ----- > MIXER LINE 2
Soundcard should have 2 stereo outs.

TT 1 TO --------- > MIXER PHONO 1
TT 2 TO --------- > MIXER PHONO 2

Most mixers may then flip between PHONO/LINE for use with either TT's or CD/MP3 or source require LINE.

This url shows in a graphical way to easy use for TCVs, but can be a good help anyway.
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Dams/blog738.html

Hope this clear things...

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 2:57 pm
Yo reading some of the input other guys are writing and they seem to have the same problem as i do to put it in a nut shell ,i got my self a laptop useing the onboard sound card ,playing it through a mixing desk ,as i select either the left or right channel on the software dj mix 3 they both come through to the main speakers is it because i am useing the onboard soundcard or do i need to upgrade to another package, on the mixer of virtual dj if you select the headphone control and keep it to off? Then It plays fine through the main speakers ,then the problems you cant here what the next song cue'd is which makes sense... please let me know if i need to upgrade..if so how much and do i do just download from your site.. The package so far is great,apart from the glich i am having.

Waiting your reply

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 10:56 pm
djnachoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Antileon:

Thanks for your reply!
It did clear things, will buy soundcard and start beating....
thanks again!

nacho

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 7:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)