Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Simple question about disabling computer beat grid?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I love that VDJ plays video and I have supported it for over 5 years but I'm at my wits end in regards to VDJ and the whole "computer beat grid" mixing. It's great for House genres (and even then its unreliable...one hell of a work in progress though) but can be more of a hindrance when mixing anything else (particularly anything that doesn't have a precise digital pulse or remixed items that might have a slight "edited" BPM variance...variable time signatures come to mind).

My question is simple. After three spotty live performances I don't even want to use anything associated with "beat-lock, CPG" or the likes.

How can I set up VDJ (and Rmx if needed) to let me be in full control of my mixing as opposed to any automation? I don't even want it reading or overwriting my BPM and possibly any other tagged values for that matter.

Please help me from switching to a competitor...I was a complete embarrassment to myself and this community while attempting to quick mix a new video track every 60 seconds with what appears to be a bad set of defaults within VDJ settings =)

Thanks guys.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 10:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Easy, don't enable the automatic features. No one is forcing you to beatlock or sync; I certainly don't use them and am able to quick-mix quite happily by ear. You can even hide the CBG blocks by editing the skin.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 6:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)