Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: maya 44 timecode cd help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am using the timecode cd with my numark cdx but I am still hearing distortion when back cueing the record a slow pace slowly: it is usually a bleeping noise accompanied by a grating noise : it sounds like the timecode signal is trying to escape(and does) but the vdj catches it and silences it.

I have searched the forum for “timecode cd” but found no solution to this problem.
Everything else works fine: I have 100% signal from timecode. It is just the slight digtal distortion when scratching and back cueing that bugs me.

I have tried changing the latency settings, changing reactivity speed, pulling the maya usb card in all 4 of my USB ports still the same result.

Here are my settings
Toshiba Pentium 4: 2.4 laptop with 514meg
Direct x 9.c
Maya 44 USB version with drivers 2.5.5
Timecode mp3 converted to a wav file and burned a 4x speed

--- Reactivity – fast

I also followed the recommendations from one of cstoll’s posts and am configured as follows:

on the ASIO Config... button
---USB Tab - Device Maya44, checks in Output and Input, Sample Rate - 44.1kHz, Resolution 16bit
---ASIO Tab - ASIO Resolution 24 bit, System performance - Highspeed, everything else default

-Config Timecode
---Gain – auto (I tried difference places on the slider : no success with the problem)
--Silence – auto (I tried difference places on the slider: no success with the problem)
--- Software RIAA - tried checked and unchecked (didn’t help the problem)
---Invert Stereo or Phase - unchecked ( tried checked – causes music to spin backwards)
---Turntable – cd
--Antiskip – checked
-- Control panel – running in background.
-- the Maya44 Control Panel - Monitor In 1+2 and 3+4 are Muted, Input is at about 2/3 Full and Output is at Max (100%
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
xgl_dj -

Are you using 2.1? And have you tried letting VDJ Auto-config the Time Coding for you?

Not sure why the bleed through is happening? Are you simply using the backward movement for cueing or are you planning to scratch in both directions?

Reason for asking is the if it is only for cueing then try turning on the scratch direction to "Forward Scratch" in the 'Extensions' section of 2.1 / in the Remote 2 [I think?] section of 2.06.

Other than that, I will try the TCCDs tomorrow night and get back with you if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

cstoll

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 10:42 pm
Yep using 2.1 and used auto-config to get 100% . I used auto-config then tried manual modification to see if can elimate the bleeps and grating noises but got no satisfactory result. So i set it back to auto-config.
I am using the cdx for scratching not just backcueing. I dont use any of the scratch extensions since I can use the cdx to do scratching.
However, only fast scratching sound somewhat ok(i guess because there is no silence in the audio) but a simple stab goes a follows (scratch sound followed by a 1 sec digtal bleep or digtal grating sound as soon as the platter stops).
If i could elimate the bleeps this software would be perfect for me.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 11:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
xgl_dj -

OK, well I will have to try the TCCDs tomorrow to see if I can recreate the problem on my system. I normally use the vynil, but I'll hook-up the DN-5000s at the club to my Maya and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Get back to you later.

cstoll

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:40 am
thanx!!

would love to hear the feedback.

Seem more and more users here are using TCCD

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:55 am
For anyone who may come across a similiar problem:
I fixed that digital bleeping problem by uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling.

Possible Source of Problem 1:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 4 usb ports on my laptop system and I plugged in the maya on 1 port installed the drivers. I thought I would only have to install the maya drivers once and windows would remember the drivers for any usb port on the system but it turned out that window only remembered the intial port which i installed the drivers on. If plugged in the usb card to one of the other 3 ports windows would say new hardware found etc... So I plugged in the usb card in all ports then installed the drivers on each ports.

I un-installed from all 4 ports then installed on only one port.... now use the same usb port at all times
The digtal bleep was almost gone: it was faint and not as loud as before i could still here it..
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Source of Problem 2 :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the did the above :uninstalled drivers from all ports and was reinstalling the usb drivers on only one port :

while running the SetupXP2k which came with the maya package, a window box would come up say install driver or install from a spefic location. I chose "intall from specific location" then specified the maya folder on my pc then... window would install the drivers then quit and SetupXP2k would then continue installing..
After install : there was still i sligth bleep when backcueing/scratching(not as much as before when the drivers where installed on all 4 ports).....

So I uninstalled the drivers again from the usb port and again reinstalled but this time when the windows install box popped up while running the maya SetupXP2k, i cancelled the window box and let the maya SetupXP2k install only....

After this : all digtal bleep was completely gone...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know exactly what the problem was now it gone and VDJ now has my gets my 100% FULL RESPECT.

p.s I was worried i would have to switch 2 that $500 software to get cdx/laptop thing working correctly..... now i dont have to..... :).
VDJ ROCKS.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 3:30 am
hey xgl dj.....i am having the same problem with the sound quality...mine crackles and pops while playing songs and also while scratching....I am gonna try reinstalling the drivers and doing what you suggested. How did you uninstall the drivers? I cant remember how to do it.....please give me a quick reminder. I appreciate it man.

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 2:56 am
coronaextra
Go to:
Control panel - > System - > in System Properties a Tabbed box comes up then select -> Hardware -> Click On Device Manager-> Select Sound, video and game controllers->
then right click and select the sound card you wish to uninstall.

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 6:13 am
Oh I forgot to mention my maya also used to crackle and pop while my wireless internet card was active.... but reinstallition took care of that problem too...
Hope that helps..

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 6:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)