Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcasting problems from pc

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

having some right trouble with this. been through all the steps and guides on how to do this. I start recording, open my web browser type in the address that i get at the bottom of virtual dj and i get a dialog box open up saying either open or save as. and thats it. nothing else happens then :s confused, can anyone help please? cheers dan

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:31 pm
Yea you press open or save as.. its going to come as a file.

After the file downloads and opens with windows media player, you can hear your streaming there.

Tell me if you need any more help.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:40 pm
yeh i click on the open file and it seems to just be stuck on downloading file, nothing happens after that. i dont get windows media player opening i no that much, could be a problem with the encoder, i downloaded the lame dll and saved it into my music folder, maybe that was wrong.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:44 pm
yea man try that and tell me how it goes. im gunna try it myself.. maybe if I can get it working again ill show you how i did it.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:45 pm
i still get nothing, just got the dialog box open saying downloadin folder, still no windows media player open

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:52 pm
Alright stay tuned im gunna try it out for myself ill tell you what i get.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:54 pm
Man.. I'm getting problems myself!! I used it before once.. like a couple years ago. But now I have a radio station at listen2myradio.com and now I dont need that.

You should try it if you want to broadcast to other people.. for now. Maybe someone will come and help US out.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:10 pm
any luck

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:10 pm
DJCajunPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Here's what i do:

In the config options you have 2 ways to broadcast - as an ogg or as an mp3. I use mp3 and select the quality - depending on your bandwidth of your internet connection you can variate this - the lower the bitrate - the more listeners can listen without it breaking up on them.

Now - the most important thing is - if you are using a router - you have to make sure your ports are forwarded thru the firewall for it to get "outside" your router.

From that point - any pc - you should be able to type in the address exactly as it appears - ie, http://123.345.789.234/Virtualdj.mp3 - the user that types that in will get the OPEN or SAVE prompt - if they select OPEN then the default application they use to listen to MP3's should open and it will take a couple of seconds to buffer but then is should start playing.

I usually tell my friends that want to listen to use WINAMP - in there in the pulldown menu's there is an option to OPEN LOCATION - they type that address and and good to go.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)