Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ6 Upgrade problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MarkokoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I just upgraded to VDJ6, and I really want to roll back to the previous version. It simply doesn't work the way I am used to.
For example, I lost my Hot Keys. They are still in the memory, they just don't work properly anymore. I added *lots* of hot keys, since mix with just the keyboard. The *BIG* problem is that VDJ no longer recognizes the same key being assigned to multiple different functions. For example, I have "G" set to play the selected deck *and* sync at the same time. Now it just plays, no sync.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 1:44 am
The hotkey mappings you require can easily be set using VDJ script in version 6. The mapping engine used in V5 has been replaced so that probably explains why your old settings don't work any more. Have a look at the wiki page for scripting as it explains how to assign multiple commands to a key. If you want to go back to V5 then submit a support ticket and it will be added to your download centre.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:06 am
Further information on mapping can be found on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

E.g: Your old 'G' mapping would be the following in VDJscript: play & sync

( & is used to chain more than one action together to create a macro.)

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 12:25 pm
Markoko wrote :
I just upgraded to VDJ6, and I really want to roll back to the previous version. It simply doesn't work the way I am used to.
For example, I lost my Hot Keys. They are still in the memory, they just don't work properly anymore. I added *lots* of hot keys, since mix with just the keyboard. The *BIG* problem is that VDJ no longer recognizes the same key being assigned to multiple different functions. For example, I have "G" set to play the selected deck *and* sync at the same time. Now it just plays, no sync.

I know when I upgraded to 5.x some and on 6.x my keyboard shortcuts didnt always make it across properly..
(though VDJ did attempt to 'convert' the shortcuts to the new version)..

maybe if you posted your "keyboard.xml" file here we can see where some of them might have gone wrong.. and help you get things back on track?

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 12:35 pm
MarkokoPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I figured it out, thanks to your advice:D. I feel like a dunce. I fixed all the glitches I could find.

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 9:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)