Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database not saving

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thanks to the new update, I finally have been able to load my entire external hard drive into Virtual onto my Macbook without crashing. I have access to all my music as long as that instance of Virtual remains open. Unfortunately, as soon as I close Virtual DJ and reopen it again, my saved database disappears, and I have to reload my entire hard drive again even though the hard drive remains plugged in the entire time. I have to do this every time I open Virtual. So in other words, it's not saving after it loads.

Thoughts? Solutions?

Posted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 1:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's typically a permissions issue ...

Go to the drive and Control+Click (right click) on the drive, Choose the Get Info menu choice
Then in the bottom right corner of the Get Info dialog you need to click on the pad-lock and unlock it (will prompt you for you user password)

Then just above that to the left is the Permissions list. Make sure your user account has Read/Write permissions set.

Just below the Permissions box there is a button with a gear graphic on it - click that and choose the 'apply to all included' items

Once changed, close the box to Apply the changes.

You might also want to run the Permissions Repair from the Drive Utility interface.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 11:15 am
Thanks! I will try that straight away and let you know what happens.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)