Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Home Edition not supporting unicode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I just bought the VDJ Home Editon 5.x and when title songs are displayed in french, ducth, german or celtic stange characters appeaers and the songs won't load.

Why do you NOt suppoert unicode in this version? You have it in the Pro version !!!!!! and I think you should have it also into the Home Edition free of charges because songs are international and not only "anglosaxon".

So my question is when can we expect support of unicode for the Home Edition. I hope that waiting time will not be too long as you already introduced the code into the Pro version ;-)

Please reply to this post

Thank you - JXD

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 10:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You already have a thread on this in the wishes forum. As you've started another here, I will lock that other one.

Basically Home is presently based on v5, which has no unicode support. Just because Pro doesn't have a feature it doesn't necessarily follow that Home will get that feature. Hence the different versions available :)

Your best bet is to upgrade to VDJ Basic, which is based on v6 and thus would have unicode support.

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 11:59 am
So I need to upgrade to VDJ Basic Edition (which I suppose is based on v6) and how do I that?

Must I pay an upgrade fee or the full license?

Happy New Year and good health to you, your family and the VDJ team.

Posted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 5:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)