Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video plugin failure rate

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So far, in my testing of plugins I've downloaded from sonique.com, only ~50% of them seem to work, and fully 40% of the remainder actually make VDJ crash. I know people talked on here about VDJ crashing, but I had honestly never had it happen to me until today, when I tried to run the "Explosions" plugin. Is there a way to tell in advance if a plugin will work? Is there a list of working plugins? If not, I'll help by starting one:

Plugins I've tested and they seem to work okay:
Corona
Cosmic Belt
Cosmic Nebulae
Orbitz
Phase
PixelBallet
PsiTunnel
SpectraGrid
Vovoid
Xoo

Plugins that do not work, but don't seem to make VDJ crash either:
Spec n Hopp

Plugins that bring up the friendly "Crash Recovery" screen:
Explosions
LightMagick
MetreX
nSphere
Spectralite
StarVis
VoltVis
WtSNV

Note: None of the crashes were recoverable.

I wonder if Winamp visual plugins might be a better choice, if it's possible to add support for them in the future.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 1:56 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I tried to load a couple of them with no luck.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 2:05 am

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:41 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Your welcome Dach

Feel free to speak to me in english, although i do appreciate a little french!

I've tested nearly all the plugins you list in your post and i had exactly the same problems as you.
I think some plugins need a special other plugin for sonique to work properly.

Anyway the best plugin for a DJ is punkie.svp and it WORKS!!!

all the plugins i've put on my website are the ones i've tested and were working properly with no problem. It took me something like two hours, to download all the plugins from sonique.com, get them opened with sonique (unable to use .exe plugins with VDJ) and then to test them all.

To help everyone i uploaded the plugins on my website.

For the plugins that don't work, maybe a solution would be to use them first with the sonique player so some sort of .ini file is created for the plugin settings and then it might work with VDJ.

Jeremie

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 4:49 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Added to the Faq Thanks :)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 6:03 pm
I just tested out your theory about having Sonique create the vis.ini file and having it available to VDJ. It didn't seem to make any difference. The ones that crashed before still made it crash. Go figure.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:05 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dach, Once you have tried all the plugins that interest you could you send the plugins that work in a zip file to the email adress in my blog please. It seams that some plugins that i tried and didn't work for me, worked for you!

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)