Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton STR8-150 and TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I just got a Stanton turntable - the STR8-150 and time coded vinyl. Its a digital turntable so there is no ground wire. I have been trying to get the TCV working with it but i can't get any incomming signal. I was thinking that maybe its because there is no ground wire and it says in the instructions that u need to connect this to the laptop frame or u will get 0% timecode which is whats happening. I am getting a signal coming in but there is no volume input when i open up the config screen. I use it with an M-audio firewire 410 soundcard. some help, please!

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 11:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which input are you using on the M-Audio 410?

If you are using a L-R RCA to the 1/4" TS in the 1/4" inputs then you are only receiving a Mono signal from the TT. 1/4" Tip/Sleeve is Unbalanced Mono, if you can find a L-R RCA to the XLR Balanced, then I think you will get a good signal with you TurnTable(s).

Hope this helps,

cstoll

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 3:26 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok ive got exactly the same setup but with the st-100's.
i take it that you are using one analogue sterio input and one digital input as that is all that it has...
the analogue channel should work fine however to use the digital channel you need to go into the m-audio config window & go to the hardware settings tab.
in this you need to select 'S/PDIF In' as your master clock then everything shohuld work fine...
however if you turn off the turntable that your using for spdif you need to change that setting back or nothing will work because there is essentially no master clock active then (just to let you know)

let me know how things go and dont worrk about the ground wire there is no need for them with these turntables

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 2:50 pm
hi, i just got it all working. i only have one turntable at the moment though, im saving for another one. do u know if u can use the one turntable for the active deck? there seems to be an option for this in the 2.1 config screen but it doesnt work. it was just playing both decks at one time.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 1:12 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you need to use the timecode active shortcuts to change between active TCV desks in this mode.
my new Numark CDN-88 skin has these built in if you want them on a skin

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 1:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)