Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trouble With Headphone Setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zak95Home userMember since 2009
Hey, I've started using VDJ and I'm pretty keen to get a decent feel of DJing before I spend a large investment in hardware.
However, I'm having trouble cueing songs through headphones.
There are already stacks of threads and guides etc etc and nothing seems to be working for me so far, even after endless combinations.

Problem: When playing songs through VDJ, all audio is played simultaneously through headphones and the speakers. When I try to cue/select the song on Deck B, the master audio plays Deck B's song also, instead of only coming through my headphones.

Setup: I have a 4.1 Soundcard setup in my computer, as well as another headphone/mic jack on the front panel of my computer.
For VDJ (after many combinations/attempts), my current setup is;
Input - None
Output - Headphones, with Master: Rear Output and Headphones: Front Output
Sound Card - 4.1 card with Realtek HD Audio selected as card.

I know many people have had this problem, but so far I have found this to be unique.
I'm hoping for a bit of help, thanks,
Zak.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 5:29 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Take a look at the configuration again:

Output - Headphones, > Master: Rear Output and Headphones: Front Output

What this refers to are the various output connectors of your soundcard: FRONT (Green), REAR (Black) , CENTER & SUB (Orange).

This means that you should connect your speakers to the REAR (Black) output of your soundcard. The "headphone" connector on the front of your computer is actually a replication of the FRONT (Green) of your soundcard.

Since both your speakers and headphone are technically connected to the same output, what you are getting makes sense.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 6:17 am
Thanks for the reply, but just like many other combinations, I've tried that :\
I just gave it another shot just for good measure, and same results.
I've tried that along with the front and centre jacks/configs as well as the reverse front and rear, still same results.
Hopefully someone has had the same issue and has some sort of solution..

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 4:31 pm
it's mainly got to do with your configuration in the sound setup. you are not using any external sound card so you need to select the best sound card option that best suits your system (mono separated, 4.1 card etc. the pictures in the sound configuration should guide you). Based on this settings, you then configure the sound outputs to "headphones" if you are not using any external mixture, and then on the right hand side select the appropriate master output and headphone output. For inputs, it should be "none" since you are not using any time codes.

cheers!!!

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 6:12 am
Hey, yeah I've done all that. Tried everything that I can possibly think of to be honest. Think I might just borrow my mate's controller and see how I go from there before I buy my own..

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 7:32 am
i am having a problem hooking up my head phones for my virtual dj le . Im using my mackbook pro. i cant hear the music that im trying yo cue

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)