Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Multi-color wave display

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok. I've noticed a few skins with multi-color scratch waves. How accurate are these and is it hard to do as far as Xml. If it is just for show, cool. I'm not interested. If it really serves its intended purpose, let me know please. This is only about VDJ/VV not serato.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 9:18 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Which skins are you referring to?

There is no way to make a multi-color wave in VDJ. The only thing you can do is use a multi-color image for the wave to pass through, which is horrible IMO since peaks will ever hold the same color like in serato.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 10:39 am
Here\'s one

(By Dj Fandos)

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 1:41 pm
listen2 wrote :

The only thing you can do is use a multi-color image for the wave to pass through, which is horrible IMO since peaks will ever hold the same color like in serato.

That is exactly what i was thinking. More of an accessory than necessity.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 1:44 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
durdeesmurdee wrote :
listen2 wrote :

The only thing you can do is use a multi-color image for the wave to pass through, which is horrible IMO since peaks will ever hold the same color like in serato.

That is exactly what i was thinking. More of an accessory than necessity.

I find it distracting when your focusing on one part for a scratch and when you rewind the vinyl back you dont see the section as clear as if it were one color. Now if the colors were assigned to different frequencies and snare,bass,hi hats (IE serato) that can be more useful.

The only thing i tried in 2 skins were light/dark shading of the same color.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/5884/Turntablist_variations.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8331/VDJ6_mod.html (i find myself using this one lately)

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)