Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: pitch-reset issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ive been trying to figure this out for a while, with all the different variables, and havent been able to make sense of it yet.

sometimes, i want to just use the deck to play songs back and forth without beat-matching. but i'll still adjust the pitch to make a certain song faster or slower.

when i throw in the new song in the cue, it will automatically jam the pitch WAY up or WAY down, attempting to match the other deck.

ive tried with the Auto BPM enabled and disabled, as well as the Auto Pitch-Reset, but cant seem to get a new song to either

also, can somebody explain the difference between the "=" button and the "sync" button (labled as such on the Pioneer CDJ1000 skin)

im trying to do the auto-beat-match thing, but it just ain't happenin real well, yet.

thanks!

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 9:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You're asking alot man.

Take off auto bpm and look for songs with the same bpm +/- 10%.
You might be able to do this with club or techno music pretty easily.
Try it with mixed tracks first like Ultimix.

The program needs to have exact bpm and anchors properly placed.
And, with variations and drift it is one in ten that will still be exact on the outro.

My best suggestion is to cue each track's bown beat (first kick drum beat), sync or match bpm and mix out by ear either at the break or outro, just click "mix" when the time is right.

Personally, auto mixing is silly as down the road you will learn how to do it live and never look back.

Give it a try.

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 9:37 pm
will do.
trying to work with adjusting the bpm's and CGM as we speak.
i'll keep practicing...........

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 9:49 pm
Most of the remixes (ultimix and co)have rough editing sequences,so therefore you will never be able to adjust cbgs correctly.
Use your ears when you get a song like that.
Andre

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 10:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)