Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Blaster Live 24 bit external card issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I use my Sound Card and VDJ, after about 30 minutes the card shuts off.
The digital out led stays on and I could control the volume from the soundcard but I just don't get any sound from the output of the card.

Basically during normal operation of the VDJ, it shuts off and I don't know how to turn it back on. I've notified creative.com but I'm looking for your inputs if any......

Buen Dia

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 4:42 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does that happen only when using VDJ? It's a bit uncommon, but you'r system might disable the external device after a period of time... Check the settings. Are you using a laptop or personal computer?

erXon

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 4:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Please let me known few things. But you speak spanish and I too. Sorry for the inconvinience for english forum. I promise to back here to place the solution if anyone else have an equivalent problem.

Amigo yo mismo ando investigando algunos problemas con las creative. Tu problema parece ser que está activo la opción de deshabilitar este dispositivo para ahorrar energía... Pero necesito algunos datos más. Las caracteristicas del equipo, sistema operativo y si el problema solo lo da con VDJ. Pon un post en el Forum en Español.

Saludos

ACW_DJ desde México.

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 12:18 am
acw dj saludos.

tengo un laptop Toshiba Satelite con XP 2.8g
Ayer mientras buscaba soluciones desactive me esternal hard drive y la creative prendio.
Sera que mi sistema tiene algun mechanismo que desactiva el uso de dos usb ports no se.
Creative.com me dio una alternativa que es instalando el driver de nuevo y eso lo hare luego.

translation:
I unplugged my external hard drive and the sound card came back online. I left my laptop on for over two hours nows with the card on alone. So it's not the sound card per say, it has something to do with running my hard drive and sound card at the same time that causes the card to go out, but now I'm even more confused cause why doesn't it work with my ex hard drive.....

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 4:03 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Trullero,

Los puertos USB soportan un máximo de 500 mA en su puerto de salida(tipicamente). Puede ser que la suma de tus dispositivos sea mayor y desactive uno de ellos. Te recomiendo que uses un hub de USB con alimentación de corriente. Con esto puedes expandir tus puertos USB y, sobretodo, ampliar en otros 500mA los puertos que tendrías en el HUB USB.

Traslation: The USB HUB ports can handle a 500 mA max. Maybe your devices are consuming (both) more than the USB can handle. You can use a USB HUB Device with a power supply with it. This is going to ADD another 500mA (USB HUB Via) to your computer.

ACW_DJ desde México

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 5:02 pm
tienes razon ya que uso un disco duro externo.
Veremos a ver.

Translation:

You're right especially since I use an external hard drive to load my mp3's I will try the powered hub

Gracias

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 2:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)