Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 3 Way Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There was some discussion and speculation about having 3 players on one screen in the past.
Im aware of the other multi-instance skins that invoke 2 copies of virtualdj to give 4 players.

Ive come up with a crude but workable method to produce 3 players...

This works by launching 4 copies of virtualdj, but in theory, as each instance only loads one track, this should work fine with less than 2GB of installed RAM.

Let me know what you all think, and if i get enough support for this idea, i'll complete the graphics and upload.

Sadly the following is not possible:

Karaoke video out
Video screen out
Beat wave form

Possibley able to include:

Scratch waveform

Syncronise is possible if you press once then use your headphones and listen through your mixer (the traditional way)

Could re-work the grahics in a future version, if this project works.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 7:32 pm
wow 37 views in 12 hours.
i'll just keep this project to myself.

Video is possible, but with more than one graphics cards (SLI mode Disabled) and with a harware vision mixer... (lot of messin!)

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 9:08 am
My RMX only controls two players :( maybe that's why VDJ don't have a 3 deck software because all us midi controller guy only have control for two.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 9:49 am
youre right, theres no way of controlling 3 players with a 2 deck controller.
but the xp10 is a single deck controller (i think it has a toggle button to switch focus between decks)

Three xp10's would work with this project..
though could be expensive, you would need a good PC for this, too.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 11:11 am
hello if you want my advice you can continue, because it is beautiful 3 player!!

Posted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 4:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)