Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Searching and database load

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys/gals:

I'm evaluating the VDJ product and download the 6.0.1 version and I'm running into a couple of issues which I'm hoping are setup issues. I am on Windows7.

1. Searching: It looks like when I seach my library, it will only key of ARTIST or TITLE. Can I get the system to seach also on GENRE?

2. Loading libray: I have nearly 2k songs. When I tell the vdj to open my library folder and recursively look up my songs, I'm finding it's only loading 1/4 of my songs.

3. Sticky: I like this feature from WMP. If my cursor is on a row with these as my columns TITLE, ARTIST, GENRE. If I click on the GENRE column to resort my library, my cursor is then placed at the first row instead it remembering where I was. It's sort of a pain to have to scroll through 2k of songs to go back to the row I was at. VDJ does remember that row because as I scrool down, that row will be highlighted.

thanks for any and all advice.

joe....

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:28 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

1st question mate,

Just do a click on the "bulls eye" icon at the end of the search box. It will bring up a list of options you can search by, then just check which option you want

2nd question

Just do a right click on the Drive or music Folder(s) you want to include in your search and you should see a option "add to search DB" check that.

Hope that helps

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:37 am
JimmyB:

Thanks for the fast response.

I got the genre to work, most excellent.

When I try to Add to Search DB, after I clink on that option, I see a pop-up that starts to list songs but it only displays for a second or 2 so I'm thinking that's my problem. My library structure is C:\My Misic\ and then artist folders. I have probably 443+ folders in this directory.

joe...

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:45 am
I think I found my DB load/search issue:

I found a thread that mentioned that VDJ does not support wma tags. So, the reason why when I sort by genre I'm not seeing all my 'classic rock' songs is because many of them are wma and therefore have NULL genre information. It said that DVJ has no intentions of reading wma tags :(

I recall finding a tool that converted wma -> mp3 w/id3-4 tags but for free, I could only convert 3 songs at a time. I have nearly 500+ songs in this format. I guess it's time to convert them to mp3's so they could be seen. It's just another added cost and time.

** I guess if I could find a way to get my sticky searching to work, I'd be very happy and willing to purchase.

joe...

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 10:23 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try re-naming the .wma files with TagScanner. You can bunch rename, its free for 90 days but, you only need to re-name your files one time. After that is accomplished, just save your new music in mp3 format.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 10:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)