Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2 soundcard troubles

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There,

I'm a Dj, working in clubs, and always working with Vinyl.
At home i haven a lot of MP3's so i was searching for a program what i can use just for the fun and making some mixes with it.
Tryd some other programs but then i found virtual Dj.
Its great....

I have it installed on my pc, 2 soundcards, 1 SB Live and the other is the default soundcard from the mainboard.
It worked great for a while, i went on a holiday and when i came back the config diddnt work anymore.

The progam see's my 2 cards..
But when i select the card for deck 1 and the other for deck 2 it doesnt make a difference.
The program takes one card and uses it for both desks.
If i switch it, its stil one card for both decks, but just the oher one.

I deleted the drivers from the cards, re-install.... no effect
i deleted the virtual dj, re-install... no effect.
i re-installed windows xp pro..... no effect...

What went wrong ?
It worked fine in the first place....

The soundcards are connected to a mixer, an Dateq Apollo.
They have there own channel so no disturbion etc.

i have the original cd with serial... didnt buy it in the store but from a friend.
windows xp is also legal version....

Please help...

(excuse my bad english)

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 6:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which version do you have?

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 6:20 pm
dont know for sure...already de-installed again... i think it whas 2.5 ore 2.05 or something.

Just to make sure it isnt my hardware i de-installed my version.. downloaded the trail version for testing, but now when i wanna start it i get a protection error 48.
Now both versions dont work anymore.... :-(

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 6:34 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
----------QUOTE [ElRenegado]------------------------------------------------------------------

The progam see's my 2 cards..
But when i select the card for deck 1 and the other for deck 2 it doesnt make a difference.
The program takes one card and uses it for both desks.
If i switch it, its stil one card for both decks, but just the oher one.

I downloaded the trail version for testing, but now when i wanna start it i get a protection error 48.

----------END QUOTE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this I believe it was a cracked trial version that your 'friend' sold you. And even if he would sell you the legal version, the licence isn't transferable (it's per-user only).

Sorry, but for legal use you will have to purchase yourself from this website ;)

Regards

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 6:48 pm
i'm sure its a legal version i got from him.

Ok its per-user only, but he doesnt use it, never did anyway.
Do you mean that this software can only work on 1 pc, and after a re-install of your OS it doesnt work ??

And that doesnt explaine why i did work fine in the first place.
I think i was using it for 4 to 5 weeks before my holiday.
If it whas an ilegal version i think it didnt work at all.

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 7:59 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 4:02 am
You are using an outdated cracked version 2.00 with an invalid serial number.
If you want the full support of the Atomix Production support staff, now you should purchase the full legal version. This should be a very easy choice for you since there is an incredible new upgrade that was just released.

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 9:26 pm
I used 1.09 with hercules, and after a half a year (some crashes - maybe regarding hercules drivers, cannot tell) somebody brought a crack of 2.05 full and same results, but some - pure desktop crashes happen without warning.... (it is annoying for me to play more that an hour with demo without prelisten even for myself - that's the reason) even I run it on 2 different machines with different mp3s and HW config and even without hercules something bad happened sometimes.
1.09 - 2.05 demo 2.05 crack but it was after 4-8 hours of playtime and tottally random once in playlist browsing, once scrathing heavily ...

100% cpu usage - VDJ bug but fixed in 2.06 i decided to stay with 1.09 and
begin observing the forum to see fixes, others experiences, new features ....

THE MOTIVATION TO BECOME FULL USER WAS SEEING PROGRESS that even if there
are some bugs in 2.1 (that normal) THERE WILL BE SOMEONE TO SOLVE THEM A.S.A.P.

and of course nice features (even if video is skippy for me a little bit)

(and btw. you can be sure only with the full that bug is only vdj or driver related ...
not because of "bad crack")

And as a programmer I have also an opinion that good work deserves (at least few) money ;-)

Nice work dev-team

p.s. dev-team don't worry to say "we can confirm that in some case X VDJ can crash" - people will stop blaming you, but maybe will report when, what and it will be easier to figure out the solution and reason

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 12:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)