Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: mix station upgrade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,
can someone plleeasse update mixstation. i know we have "overflow" but thats too much of a visual change (i dont mean that disrespectfully at all). allow me to explain:

1)the platter in overflow looks a bit too rustic, (visually unappealing, done in paint) whereas the old one looked futuristic. overflow does have the moving arm but maybe we could somehow incorporate a moving piece into the old mixstation platter (maybe just a small marker that rotates and lets u know where you are).

2) the huge comparison bar on the far right of overflow does not need to be there. mixstation had it all neatly within the description part of the skin right above the platter. i understand that there are more elements now but im sure there is room for a few numbers if there is room for a huggee side bar. making the platter a some fonts a bit smaller would resolve this issue.

mix station was a great but it could use scratch waves (but perhaps a differentiation between kick and snare like serato has in their waves). and finally a hires version of this new 'hybrid' skin.

these are just my suggestions, and believe me i have tried to do it myself but i simply am not computer savvy enough to figure this one out. again, i hope my comments dont offend anyone since that was not the intention of this post.

thanks, let me know what you guys think

Posted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 3:27 pm
A:G:R:E:E!!!totaly with you!!!Upgrade of original mixstation would be nice :-)

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 6:08 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 9:39 pm
hey,

i'm just reading this now.. october 24... it's been a while..

so, to adress your 2 points.

1. the platter.. yea.. it's not as good as you want it to be and i'm no photo shop expert. originally, i spinned the exister platter and boy oh boy was that ugly. ask a skin moderator, the first platter had a bunch of white pixel leftovers showing and hiding every now and then. well after a while, someone suggested that i use gimp. i did and so, those while pixel left overs are gone. the platter as it right now can be fully customized from with in the bmp file it's self. just as you can customize the logo part of it. you can customize the platter part as well. got a cool image?? edit the skin and paste it right in there. in summary. i agree with you as well, the platter is due for a make over.

2. the comparison chart.. you're on your own with that one. i've spent so much time putting those suckers in there. it's just so much easier for me. and if you were to work with the clone button and start remixing the same song, overflow comps is the perfect weapon. here i'll give you an example.. it's actually where this whole comps part idea came in.. the artist "las ketchup" made a song "aserje" one in english and one in spanish. with overflow's comps you can mix in the new track, then clean math the 2nd deck to the 1st deck and use your slider to change the language from english to spanish bam bam boom. alternatively, you can dl overflow compact edition which moves the comps to the top left corner instead.

well.. that should just about do it.

oh yea, that other part.. how to edit the skin to set your logo .. follow this link.. when you're done scroll back up and edit the platter as well.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98682/Virtual_DJ_Skins/overflow_ex_custom_info.html?search=overflow%20logo&page=1

if you really get lost. send me a message and i'll post a new page on how to edit the graphics of the platter.

dj shahar Wedding DJ a.k.a dj kz

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:47 am
hey,

i've just checked.

the bmp file still has the original platter a bit downward. hehe

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)