Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello folks

I started using the record function in VDj last night and everything seemed to be working fine until I listened to it afterwards.
It seems to record everything from both decks so I can hear myself trying to cue up the next song and so on. Is there something I have to change so it just records the song that is broadcasting and then swithches with the mix.

Cheers steve...

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 7:13 am
That happened to me when I selected my NI Audio4DJ Master output. It happened because I was using an external mixer, and the crossfader on the actual software was locked in the middle. What I have to do is send the output from my DJ mixer to an external audio mixer, then select that external mixer as my soundcard. That way, the only thing that is heard is what I actually play out through the external mixer.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 1:25 pm
Yeah I realised what the problem was last night.
I have a xone 42 mixer with built in soundcard and wondered if there is any way I could use that to record using vdj...I hooked it up to audacity for the mean time....

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 4:01 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When I was using PCDJ, here is how I did things.

The PC's built in sound was set as default (both in and out).

PCDJ used the multi sound card to the mixer.

Took the mixer's tape out and fed into PC line in/ Remember, it is the default recording device.

Used a program called hard drive ogg to capture and record to MP3 in real time and apply normalize as needed.

I now use VDJ but still cling to my lil app for recording.

Now, VDJ should do the same thing - just tell it to use the default sound device like I described and should be fine.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)