Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: simply skin NEEDED

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why everybody are doing skins without space for the MOST IMPORTANT : the songs ..?
A lots of people are playing now with midi controllers , so ...we don\'t need PLAY , CUE & all this ugly buttoms -
aLL THE skins have pitch sliders , why ? . You can do the same with numbers & save a good space for the SONGS ...
Look at this :

only 3 decks & simply (must be musltiinstance ) and 4 decks it's ok also ..BUT simply with no buttoms - can somebody do it ?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 7:44 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was going to make a skin like that but i was not planning to make it 3 decks, but i can try.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 12:06 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did upload a browser skin a few years ago, but it's never shown on the download-page.
It was only browser / select deck / artist and title info.

Best regards,
John

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 1:30 pm
listen2 wrote :
I was going to make a skin like that but i was not planning to make it 3 decks, but i can try.

it can be 4 decks ;-)

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 5:57 pm
if its going to be 3 or 4 decks, it would need to use a 2nd instance of VDJ, would it not??
Just like the usual multi instance skins.

Is it possible to run 3 instances to give 6 decks?? and have them all sync'd??

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:45 pm
6 ?? NO ...we need space for the songs - 4 decks it would be nice (1366x768) -
At the moment we haven't a good multi insance skin with 4 decks without all the things that we don't need : play , cue , samples (all this buttoms are not necesary when you use Midi controllers )

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 2:47 am
what about on a proper resolution? 1024 vertical..

not everyone uses a laptop!!

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:10 am
avesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've made one but I can't found how to submit my zip-file to VDJ.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 9:33 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 9:39 am
avesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for the quick reply, I've submit two skins based on simplicity and bigger browser request. The first one (I forgot to mention my email in the description) was made for (vocal) artist performances who need only a big browser and sequential start of tracks with the spacebar. Track select is with the Enter button. The active deck is mentioned by a green dot ner the transport controls. Only the up/down keys and Enter/Spacebar is needed to start the needed tracks. The artist are VERY happy with it. The second skin transmitted is made for myself as VJ and has also basic needed controls for VJ-Ing but it's recommanded to use a DMC2 for full DJ/VJ use. Very handy is the big on/off for "auto video transition" when cueing videos. Any request for features are welcom because I have some extra space in this skin. Most of the things possible with the DMC2 are not included in this skin for the big as possible browser.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 10:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)