Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop and VDJ Mixing VIDEO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking to buy a new laptop to use for mixing video. I am on a budget so spending as less as possible is important. I need a laptop that I can push and have the sound and video crossfade in the middle running smooth and being able to run effects as well while doing so. What do you guys have? I have been looking at the radeon HD4650 vs nvidia GT240 for video cards. And will a 2.53GHZ processor be sufficient?

What do you think of this ??? TOSHIBA Satellite P505-S8950 Is there the same for less money or better for the same money?

ANY RESPONSES FROM VDJ EXPERTS WILL BE ENOURMOUSLY WELCOME! THANK YOU!

Posted Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 11:10 pm
Any answer?????

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 1:54 pm
I just purchased a MSI A5000 from CompUSA for $399. Since the Nividia video card didn't have a TV out capability. I purchased a PC to TV converter for 59 dollars. Did my first event with it a week ago and everything worked perfectly. I did have one freeze however, when working with plug in text2 - Not sure if it is the plug in or how it interacts with my USB driver for Djio. I was using a legacy driver. Now running a current driver and haven't duplicated the problem. The new pc meets VDJ video specs in all areaals except processor speed. It is a dual core 1.8 ghz... VJD recommend dual core 2.0 ghz.

Hope this is helpful.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 8:13 pm
JarheadDJ wrote :
Did my first event with it a week ago and everything worked perfectly. I did have one freeze however,

Then it didn't work perfectly!

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 12:19 am
The preferable laptop is at min is 2gh duel core with 2gigs ram..

I have 2.5gh core 2 duel with 3gigs running XP and maximized for video with nothing else on this laptop, programs firewall nada...it does not even go on the net!!

with the release of window 7 I will be getting a new lappy 2.8gh core2 duel with 6gigs of ram and yes its a 64bit OS

just make sure you do the optimize your laptop with the little tricks on here...

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 11:34 am
JarheadDJ wrote :
I just purchased a MSI A5000 from CompUSA for $399. Since the Nividia video card didn't have a TV out capability. I purchased a PC to TV converter for 59 dollars. Did my first event with it a week ago and everything worked perfectly. I did have one freeze however, when working with plug in text2 - Not sure if it is the plug in or how it interacts with my USB driver for Djio. I was using a legacy driver. Now running a current driver and haven't duplicated the problem. The new pc meets VDJ video specs in all areaals except processor speed. It is a dual core 1.8 ghz... VJD recommend dual core 2.0 ghz.

Hope this is helpful.

Download SBDJ Scrolltext and try again.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 4:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)