Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Fatal Error with database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the trial version only, before I dewcide to buy, I am having a problem with the database scanning option. It scanned my database once, but I made a few changes and went to scan again and it would start scanning but then crash with a fatal error and shutdown completely without recovering. It shows my songs under database when I reopen the program, but not all of them. I read the forums and cleared the database several times but still everytime I try to scan it will give me a fatal error and shutdown. Is the trail program limited to 1700 songs or so in the database? How can I find the file that keeps me from scanning my harddrive? I would like to purchase this, but I want to make sure I can use it on the laptop (brand new).

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 4:53 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The database seems not to be limited in the number of tracks.

Be careful because when you close the soft it saves the database and it take a few seconds. If you load VDJ one more time during this period you would probably get a crash and make the database corrupted.

This best way with the database is to create one (or more ... think about a crash disk - I know what I am talking about) and simply copy it in the VirtualDJ root directory.

Don't forget before scanning again to delete your "mp3database.txt" file in order to scan the good files.

Tell us about your problem because VirtualDJ work.
Clax

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 11:39 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It happened to me that VDJ crashed during scaning disc because of too long name of some mp3s.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 28 Apr 05 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)