Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: QUICK QUESTION ON VINYLS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am just about to upgrade to virtual dj pro and get two timecode vinyls. i am inheriting some decks and want to know do i need anything extra to get the vinyl decks to work with virtual dj pro?

or is it virtual vinyl i should be buying instead?

all i have at the moment is numark cue, a total control and a laptop. but i am ditching the total control for the new decks.

any advice?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 12:48 am
Ok mate to run timecoded vinyl you will need the following.

Virtual dj pro

2x turntables

2x timecoded vinyls i recommend serato scratch live (but make sure they are the second edition CV02)

A 4in 4out sound card. If you dont want to spend silly money then i would recommend the ESI MAYA44 USB i use this with no probs at all.

External mixer. Any normal 2 channel mixer will do the job.

And last but not least a pair of good cartridges (Well sort of people on hear will tell you to buy very expensive ones) I brought a pair of stanton diablo v3 for my setup only £65 for pair and they work perfect for me with constent 100% signal.

And thats about all you will need. Probaly gonna cost you a bit more than the money you are gona make from your total control but it will be worth it

Posted Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 6:56 am
i would give some thought to this set-up.
two turntables and an scs3m. Compact, light, can run off usb port, you get cue points right on the mixer, and UNLIKE a traidtional mixer, the SCS3M will crossfade video. Take a look at the cost of all the other midi mixers.

So you'll need an interface that get's the two timecode signals into the computer and has two outputs; one for headphone and one for main out.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 11:06 am
hi,
i have had virtual dj for about a year now and i love it(i hav it upgraded to the latest version). I recently just bought 2 technics SL-1200MK2's, the virtual vinyl audio interface, and i hav a mixer. I understand this is all you need to operate virtual vinyl with virtual dj. but its just not working for me(if i am lucky enough it will play sometimes on one deck, sometimes on both) i especially can not get it to go backwards(on the deck i would spin the record backwards but the song will go forwards), which is imprtant to scratch.
Maybe my config is wrong?
I lack hardware?
if anyone can, please help me, i do not want to have had blown off all this money for no reason. Thank you in advanced.
p.s. i hav bought the serato CV02's just in case.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 4:57 pm
@rodster - Please do not make the same post across multiple threads ... it will not get you an answer any quicker and only divides the responses that together in one spot could have helped you.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 5:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)