Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console and XP and vanishing drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just built a new machine I intend to DJ with. This one has XP (cos of the Hyperthreading CPU) the previous one had 2000.

I downloaded the latest drivers from the Hercules site, installed them, plugged in the console when prompted. I set it to ASIO, kicked up VirtualDJ (I have registered 2.06), configured all the advanced audio routing and everything looked good... Although I was having some terrible visual and audio skipping effects on VDJ if I wiggled too many controls on the console at one.
This isn't a low spec machine either. Shuttle SB61G2V4 P4 3.2, 2x256Meg running dual channel. 120Gig WD drive with 8meg cache.

Then I unplugged the console....

When I plugged it back in again, even into the same USB port, XP goes "Oooh, found something new"... and then wants to go looking for a new driver. If I cancel it I end up with 3 "Hecules DJ console" items in the hardware list with the yellow !. If I let windows search I get a "Hercules DJ console bulk" instead. (Which the DJ console mixer system tray app doesn't like, it says "console disconnected".

The only way I have managed to get it working is to uninstall and reinstall the 1_HDJ_2005.exe hercules driver file every time I plug the bl**dy thing in!

Can anyone help? I've even tried to find the drivers manually, but they're certainly not under program files hercules.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 05 @ 9:18 pm
Okay, it seems to have sorted itself out now... A few uninstalls and reinstalls of the drivers, and now it finds them, and assigns them correctly no matter which port I use...

Weird. Good old XP, nothing like a logical operating system... Nothing like it at all!

I'm still having terrible problems with VDJ though.

If I put a track on the left deck, play it, and with nothing on the right desk at all, just move the right volume control up and down I get jumpy scrolling of the wave form at the top and the audio clitches.

Obviously this is no use at all.

My previous machine with win2k, and a p4 2.8 didn't have this problem.

Can anyone help?

Posted Fri 22 Apr 05 @ 10:15 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
read my blog about the skipping problem..
maybe it helps you....

good luck...

Posted Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 10:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)