Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI Mixer conflicting with other MIDI Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a bit of an issue that happens most of the time on my DJ rig when using multiple MIDI input devices...

I have a Mackie d.4 Pro mixer with a midi crossfader, and I also have the MixMeister control, which I've written a mapper for.

Independently, each works flawlessly, however when I plug them both in together, often VirtualDJ will only recognize the MixMeister controller, and not the Mackie d.4 MIDI.

One interesting workaround seems to be that if I run MIDI-OX first (which always picks up inputs from both devices) then run VirtualDJ, it seems to recognize the inputs of both.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful at identifying the Mackie d.4 Pro, so I just left it unidentified - is this part of the problem?

It seem that both devices are also on channel 1, and I'm not sure if it's possible to change the channel of one of the devices and still have them both work.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:27 pm
Yeah, I had no luck at all getting a sysex ID out of the Mackie hardware.

The definitions are really simple, but I'll email them to you.

Thanks cstoll.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 5:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can use the driver name as long as it's not a generic one like "USB MIDI Device".

Can you not get a sysexid from the mm control?

Posted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 4:01 pm
Yeah, I've got the sysex from the mm control, but I can't get anything from the Mackie. I tried using driver names, but that didn't work either - although I might be doing it wrong. I'm not sure...

Posted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 4:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)