Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mix Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am new with VDJ, but I have been using Atomix3.
When I am preparing to mix and hit the sync button the deck playing out loud sometimes skips or slows down.
I know I have something set wrong or I am missing a few steps.

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 10:51 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi...

I'm new aswell, but i've been reading the threads here for ages and picking up a few tips...;o)

The thread !SKIPPING SOLUTIONS! offers some really great tips on how to maximise the performance of VDJ and hopefully sto pthe skipping issue...

Somertime

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 10:53 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
First you could write your config into your blog to get the best help

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 10:54 pm
Dell 2350
Pentium 4, 2.2 Ghz
512 MB

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 11:00 pm
Hello!

I dont think its your computer.
Did you noticed that you have 2 sync buttons.That means if you are playing a track on deck 1 and you want to sync deck 2 to the first one you have to press the sync button on the 2 deck. If you press the sync button on the first deck it will sync the first song and this is the one you are playing.
So it is important whitch button to push.

Denis

Posted Fri 22 Apr 05 @ 11:27 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You don't want to sync your "live" deck, sync your idle deck.
If your bpms are off, the beatlock will mess with the sound output, I avoid the beatlock for this reason.
Put each track through a 4 beat loop and make sure the line up is ok before trying to mix them in.
Each and every track I mix gets this treatment, and I get perfect mixes every time.
You will find some of the outro anchors skewed so I usually mix out by ear off the live deck.

The simplest way to do this is cue the first down beat (bass drum), sync the deck (match bpms), and hit the "mix" button at the break or outro downbeat. Then fade to the idle deck making it live.
Another method I use is to find the start of the first verse and go back 8 beats from there.
Set your automix seconds to 4 which allows a good overlap for a smooth and quick transition from a to b.

You can change your keyboard shortcut to the space bar for "mix" for both decks and it works effortlessly. Just make sure you mix at the right time, if not you can hit the mix button again to stop the fade and reset. You will know in a split second if you hit it right by the wavepattern and the sound.
This is where a controller comes into play because you can bend the track into alignment live prior to the fade.

Good luck, it isn't easy but practice.
It's a lot harder with other programs, consider yourself lucky.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 05 @ 1:03 pm
Thank You!
Both suggestions worked, you guys could rewite some sections in the manual, great tips.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 05 @ 2:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)