Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Okay...what's going on now??? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
AT LAST!!!

Well, after all my tinkering, i think i've cracked it...and it was indeed the easiest thing to do.

I removed the entire program from my system, just like djcel said (cheers mate). i removed the program, regedit entry and the prefetch entry. The i reinstalled and searched my hard drive for my collection. Again though, it didn't work, so i looked for something that resembled the WMA encoder - but nothing.

So, i went right back to basics.

And this is what i did. Went into my Music directory, and rightclicked on ONE song and selected 'Properties'.

In the 'Opens with...' field, change it to say 'Virtual DJ' and hey presto!!! it works!!! I can now drag any song i want onto my decks and it loads them. I have 4,500 tracks on there, and only 200 odd are actual MP3's. Everything else is WMA's. Changing one track to 'Opens with...' VDJ seemed to change my entire library and now it seems that I can analyse all my songs with the greatest of ease, and it's not cutting any portion of it at all. Every single song i've analysed so far has come up with the correct length and everything...seems fine. Ok, so i've got 14.5 gig to analyse and so it'll take a bit of time, but hey, at least it's working now.

Let me tell you though, this is on my second machine, which has NOTHING on it, except WINXP, VDJ & my music. I've not downloaded any updates or anything from the net - i've done nothing. It doesn't even have WWW capability, unless i swap my n/card from machine to machine... I'm running a Duron 1100 and 512mb DDR RAM (shortly to be upgraded to 1024mb - just to be on the safe side). I've just rebuilt it and installed WINXP so i only have WMP 9 on it. Apparently there is an issue with WMP 10 that causes problems with VDJ's ability to analyse, but i think there's a short term way round this. DON'T use 'Right click, analyse' for this. Instead, drag each song to the deck and let it analyse it that way...that seemed to work for me...but of course if you have a massive library this'll take you AGES!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the advice. I've tried everything people have said, but nothing seemed to work. Now it seems that the simplest of things can make the magic happen...and believe me...IT IS MAGIC!!!

Cheers

Chris

Posted Thu 28 Apr 05 @ 11:20 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Happy to see you have found a solution to your problem and thank you to report your solution on this forum. Sorry i know there was a problem of analysing with wma, which is corrected in the next released v2.07, but i didn't think about that. I tried to find a solution for drag'n'drop ;-)

Posted Fri 29 Apr 05 @ 1:55 pm
Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention this,

I had the same problem as 'pionara', I was there for days trying to sort it out.
Then found out about this forum and searched for a solution.
I did exactly what 'pionara' did to get his working, but it still did not work!
After more messing around and searching I stumbled apon the answer by accident.
I found that the Windows Media Player I was using was the bog standard one that accompanies the original XP package (Media Player XP).
When I updated this to Media Player 9, everything worked perfectly.
Phew!
Cheers,

C

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 5:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Thanks for the info TiggerHappy. Can help others who have this problem...

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)