Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto Mix problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a question about the automix option in VDJ. Somehow, even if Automix is set to "NONE", it still mixes the last couple of beats in the track. So, if I just want to put 10 tracks playing one after another (entire mixed CD, like winamp), and go take a leak, VDJ messes up the transition (which is supposed to be instant). Is this going to be fixed (it works fine in atomixmp3)? I frequently need to leave the music playing unattended, so this is one option I have to have. Again, like in many other posts, these small inconsistensies between the previous and the new functionalities are show-stoppers when deciding to invest more money and upgrade from Atomixmp3 to VDJ.
Any help will be greately appreciated.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 3:06 pm
cfiere0Home userMember since 2003
I'm organizing a party where we'd like to use VDJ because it can mix a playlist while alowing to fastforward when a song doesn't catch on.

Only when I tried to play my example playlist VDJ's automix just skips all the softer parts (e.g. it starts 'total eclips of the heart 1.30 min into the song). It does not happen when the song is even in volume or when I turn the automix off (but then I might as well use Winamp!). This is unacceptable and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this skipping feature off or to at least minimize it.

Secondly the beat matching using the tempo feature is awefull. It scratches terribly and speeds up songs to a degree that isn't acceptable anymore even with the pitch change limited to 8%. The party is scheduled for september 6 and I'm seriouslyl thinking of using Winamp!!!

Posted Wed 20 Aug 03 @ 5:44 pm
danydjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
have you in your version (goto_mixpoint" and "set_mixpoint")
in short cuts ?

Posted Wed 20 Aug 03 @ 6:05 pm
cacanelPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sometimes the automix just freezes. i don't like that. i have clients in my pub.
and if i try to mix it manually, refuses. i have to set the automix to off, and then mix. fix it, pls.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 03 @ 6:41 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I expected that too. Sometimes automix just DON't mix. The button id bugged.

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 1:11 pm
danydjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
not, in automix, only the piece which can be mixed are it

Posted Sat 20 Sep 03 @ 10:59 am
please help us out here when the tempo is on it's very awefull that scratcheing thing please take it out right now!! if I want to scratche I'll do this my self,thanks you

Posted Sun 21 Sep 03 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)