Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Radio broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi this question would go for all the Radio staff.

Is it possible to mix with VDJ on a laptop although broadcast through another PC on my network?

Here would be my thought as to how this connection would be.

-My laptop connects to my external soundcard (M-Audio Ozone)
-The Soundcard would connect to my external mixer
-From my mixer 1 out would be for my amp and speakers while the other would go to my desktop's line in to broadcast.

I'm sure this can work although I was just wondering how I would go about the broadcasting part.

If no one is sure about this I will need a staff member to help me out to figure this out whenever the timing is right.

Thanks

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 2:42 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Shoutcast plugin can easily broadcast any sound whatsoever that is processed with your soundcard.

What you need to do, is run the plugin in one of hosts programs, and since winamp is it's native, that would be the best choice (- that is, you don't need VDJ installed on broadcast computer). Because you will be using the line-in signal, select (in plugin, under the "Input" tag) the Input Device: Soundcard input, and Soundcard Mixer select the "Line input" radio button.

Be sure to check the volume levels and "mute" checkboxes in the "windows mixer" (by clicking "open mixer" which is right from line input radio button) or in other drivers you might have for your soundcard. Then just experiment with the signal and settings (untill satisfied with the level indicator on that same Input tab). Also try to record it to see the results before real broadcasting.

It's too simple not to work, so if you'll be having any strange issues, post them in detail ;)

Regards.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 8:09 pm
ok that's what I thought as well but wanted to know if another VDJ user already did this.

Thanks Erxon

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 9:24 pm
Is there somebody who can tell me where to find the broadcast plugin?? I can't find it anywhere!! I found the winamp broadcast plugin from shoutcast, and that works with winamp, I can broadcast musicfiles with it BUT I wanna broadcast live what I mix with virtual DJ.
I have some more probs, but thats for an other topic, I think :$

If somebody can help me on this, I have one prob less and I would be very thankfull, HELP!!!!

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:14 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Shoutcast plugin (http://www.shoutcats.com) works with VirtualDJ.
However, VirtualDJ integrates a broadcast plugin which is in the VDJ root directory.

But I don't know is this funtion is available on the demo version.

Clax

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)