Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video mixing with time coded vinyls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jvg123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey there every body. I am trying to control my video files with time coded vinyls. I bought numarks virtual vinyl but it sucks d!ck, it can't really even control my music flies. Its lags and jumps and has all sorts of problems. Any way I am moving on and need some suggestions on what sound card and time coded vinyls to get? Ideally I would be running virtual dj 6 on windows xp over boot camp on my mac book pro. I run vdj on windows because all the good effects and skins are on the windows side. I am also ideally using the Multi-Instance Skin so i can use 4 decks, 2 decks detected to time coded vinyls and the other 2 decks controlled by a midi controller. So i need to know what do you use for your time coded set up? What feels like true vinyl? What sound card and what coded vinyls do you suggest?

Thanks ~JOsh

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 4:03 pm
Yea I am trying to make virtual dj work for me cuz i love the program and its interface but i might have to make the switch if virtual djs time coded system is not living up to my standards.

Video SL 1.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUEauOlBSM

So please if you know of a sound card and some time coded vinyls that feel like true vinyl that work with virtual dj 6 and can scratch and mix video would be appreciated. Yo thanks =)

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 10:25 pm
hey can serato's SL 1 or SL 3 work with virtual dj to control time coded vinyl? And in doing so control video for mixing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYIpZ1h29E

I found the video above of this guy hooking up a time coded setup with serato's SL 1 to virtual dj so i am assuming its works but i want some people to confirm it. Who out there is mixing and scratching video with virtual dj? How are you doing it? What are you using? Thanks and comment back I am feeling kinda like a loner with one side conversation haha ok peace

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 11:43 pm
I'm using SSL timecode Vinyl, a NI Audio DJ 4, an SCS3M, and VDJ 6 Pro & it works fantastotally Phenomminall with video. Provided you use MPeg 4 of course.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 10:37 am
The OS is vista home-pre 64bit.
No lags, no jumps, I'm scratching like madd, beat-juggling, looping with video and all is lovely.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 10:39 am
Yea the NI Audio DJ 4 looks really sick, and all the trouble shooting LED lights would come in handy. How does the head phones work with that sound card? Is in so reliable you use in in a club or party setting?

If any one else is joining the conversation please state the equipment your using, sound card, vinyls, OS, computer, software, ex. And how it holds up. Thanks ~JOsh

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 11:37 am
SL1 will work under Windows, but not Mac (No standard drivers are available.)

SL3 is not currently supported (There are no standard drivers available for it yet.)

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 12:24 pm
So even if i am using Windows Xp on my mac book pro the SL 1 won't work? How about the NI Audio DJ 4? Will it work on either side of my mac book pro? One side being my mac side and the other being my windows side

Posted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 1:40 pm
If you are using Windows on a your Mac, then yes it would work. The SL1 has drivers available for Windows, but not for Mac.

NI Audio 4 DJ is a good choice for VirtualDJ PC. It should also work on Mac too, but I am not an expert on Macs.

Posted Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)