Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Database -> ID3 Tags - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HaerizPRO InfinityMember since 2008
only windows? =(

whats your price to convert it to osx? ;)

greetz phil

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 7:54 pm
Hi Phil, you will note from my earlier post that I too am working on a .NET application to provide tools to manage the VDJ database as well as other functions.

Whilst a developer firmly in the fold of Microsoft, I am too a member of the Apple Developer Network.

I haven't done much with OSX 10 Leopard but do have a Mac mini in preparation for renewing my knowledge, was just waiting for a project to have something useful to go at.

Once my .NET tools are finished, I'll take a look at the Mac environment and if possible, I'll migrate my application to it but there may be a learning curve first

I am a professional edition user in my DJ Activities, so suffer the same frustration with managing my collection, so am looking to ease that.

Regards

Bryan

Posted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 2:45 am
Any updates on this? I'd LOVE to see the ability to write to MP4 files and to write "Key/Camelot" as well!

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 2:39 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hmmmmm....What's going on here???, it's april, 2010 already have they been Deauthorized and sent to the DJ gallows of doom....Oh..my...God..hope Not.

Joey...

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 4:08 pm
Still around ... been busy with the day job ... picking this up again at the end of the month .. will update on progress then

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 3:17 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks....

Joey...

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 4:37 pm
zentairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi,

I've started on a id3 <-> VDJ DB synchronizer myself, because it is something I want and of course as a programmer I feel I should create it myself if nobody has created it before. I cannot access the restricted parts of the community since I just started using VDJ and want to buy the Hercules DJ Console Mk4 which will be released this month. When I have it I can get a pro license.

Since I'm on a Mac the tool you've created probably won't work anyway for me :). I do have simular problems reading the XML file. Even after removing illegal (in xml, not in UTF-8) characters from the file the python XML parser won't parse the file. Somehow after converting the file all characters with accents suddenly have the accent behind them (eg "e`" withouth the "). I'm really a newbe in the world of character encoding, but does anyone know in what way the VDJ DB file is encoded? Until then I cannot even create my own XML parser. And a brute replacement/removal of anything illegal isn't an option since I have several special characters in the file path of my MP3 collection (iTunes library).

So, can anyone shed light on how the VDJ DB file is encoded? There must be someone out there (at least the people who programmed it, I suppose)…

Posted Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 3:48 pm
AxelFSPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi,

is there any progress in this project ?

I would appreciate it very much, because I have switched from mp3 music files to m4a and there is no way to get the bpm value into the tags. Only to have them in the VDJ database is not secure enough, I want to have them in the tags.

The VDJdbmanager which I have downloaded seems not to work under Win7, because of long path names and write protection of the c:\ path.

I am also programmer (c++) and if I can support that project in any way, I will do it.

Best regards
Axel

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 3:42 pm
nctrnlPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Phantom, this never finishes for me and usually I get a length can't be less than zero error. Any ideas? Next time it crashes, I will send the debugging info. Thanks.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 1:48 pm
Don't bother with this app anymore! In a few days I will be releasing a whole NEW app for this with many more functions!

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 3:44 pm
nctrnlPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Awesome! Thanks!

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 5:04 pm
@Phantom, any word or this yet? Just checkin in.

Huey

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 11:16 am
Not really... But I might release a public beta soon in order to be able to finish this sooner ;)

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 12:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)