Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Database -> ID3 Tags - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hopefully:
1) You should copy the audiogenie.dll file on your windows/system32 directory...
2) If you are using Vista you should register the .dll

Cel, have you read the included PDF ? Also, I don't speak French too... A draft explanation of the errors in English would really help!

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 12:38 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Phantomdeejay

Wow I'm amazed I was thinking just yesterday about that same possibility you are working on, since all the info is already in the database just provide a program to extract the field data into the tag.

But the next thought was to establish the field links within the tag template to accept the data in the right place.

Good Job on the missing Link

Joey.....

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 6:58 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Hopefully:
1) You should copy the audiogenie.dll file on your windows/system32 directory...
2) If you are using Vista you should register the .dll

Cel, have you read the included PDF ? Also, I don't speak French too... A draft explanation of the errors in English would really help!

It's an exception to catch and to bypass. Maybe test the extension of the filename.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 12:02 am
Can you help me a little more? What do you mean?

Right now the app will check the file extension to see if it's supported...

I know that you know very good programming, so here is a snippet of the code:

=====================================
Dim FileType As String
Dim Genie As New AudioGenie2()
FileType = XML_Filepath.Substring(InStrRev(XML_Filepath, "."), XML_Filepath.Length - InStrRev(XML_Filepath, ".")).ToLower
Select Case FileType
Case "mp3"
If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(XML_Filepath) = True Then
Genie.AUDIOAnalyzeFile(XML_Filepath)
With Genie
=====================================

This is in VB.NET
In other words the app will check
1) if the file extension is supported
2) if the file exists

Cel, can you send me the XML that you used to get this error???

Thanks!

Posted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 3:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's a crash in the function AUDIOAnalyzeFileW() of AudioGenie2.

The "W" at the end of the function means it uses Unicode but apparently it didn't like one of my file and considered it as unsupported format so I guess it loaded one recognized format but failed on something, maybe the ID3Tag version. Maybe you could add a progress bar with the filename of the current file in treatment.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 3:11 pm
Thanks Cel...
Well, I think I found the bug. I had set the tag to be treated always as ANSI...

Anyway, I uploaded a new version that's waiting to be reviewed. In this version besides the bug I implemented an option to create a log file of all vital operations.

Check it out and let me know if it's fixed. Thanks!

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 4:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
haven't seen it yet but maybes an instruction sheet to go with it may help, that is if you haven't already done it.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:39 am
I have included a brief PDF file in the download zip file. I'm planning to write a more complete manual once we leave beta stage... Also I'm planning to add a few more functions on the app (such as Virtual Folder to playlist and playlist to Virtual Folder conversion) later down the road, thus the name changed to "VirtualDj DB Manager"

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 7:34 am
Does the program support .mp4 or .mpg video files? If not is it in the near future plans?

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 10:01 am
Hi PhantomDeejay

Many thanks for you're affort and wishing you much success on this very much needed plugin.

Thanks.

Joey.....

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 10:16 pm
Right now it does NOT support mp4 or mpg files. However support for these formats will come too once I sort out some things...

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 12:22 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Right now it does NOT support mp4 or mpg files. However support for these formats will come too once I sort out some things...

Let us know as soon as it's in, thanks

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 1:21 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just a short question i want to export the Key und the numeric Key field from VDJ database nothing else

is it posible to get an option with a gui
and maby a filter that can be set like giveing a directory

example: d:\Latino\The Merengue

than it works to the VDJ database and everytime d:\Latino\The Merengue is in the filepath then it extrackt the key info from the database and write it to the mp3tag (initialKey)

it would be cool when you are able to specifie what tags schould be read and writen

just a thought

DJ-Agua

Posted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 10:27 am
Hey PhantomDeejay

How you doing with you're project, haven't heard from yah.

Joey...

Posted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 10:50 am
Hallo PhantomDeejay,

I have been looking for a tools like that since 2 years. Unfortunelty I had too many special characters like LF etc. in my database that I could not get my database converted. After cleaning my xml-files up with A7soft xml2csv tool it ran smoothly.

Thanks a lot

Markus

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 4:10 pm
Hi Phantom, seems like a few of us have been working on these useful add-ons.

I'm surprised you weren't able to use the built in serialiser to do what you want, I have successfully used a few lines of code to load the xml file, build a dataset in memory, make that available to GUI functions for amendment and then re-write the xml.

Also been using a couple of easy classes to interrogate ID3V1 tags and rewrite them from the database created above from the xml, ID3V2 is a next step.

I'm a professional developer but using this mini project to combine my disco activities with my developer skills as a brush up exercise on .NET

I'll take a look at your beta but wonder whether you would be interested in a collaborative project to enable us to combine activities and give the guys what they want ?

Anyhow, I am just putting together the feature list for my app, so would be pleased to hear from you

Bryan

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 6:19 pm
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\VDJDBManagerLog.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FileOpen(Int32 FileNumber, String FileName, OpenMode Mode, OpenAccess Access, OpenShare Share, Int32 RecordLength)
at VDJDbManager.VDJ2tagsMain.VDJ2tagsMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VDJDbManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mark/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/TGRTAVY1.BDG/EQ7ZA0LC.P8Z/vdjd..tion_83a23c14a46ea5bd_0001.0000_42465f14c7c65936/VDJDbManager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 12:34 am
No news from PhantomDeejay !!!

Posted Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 6:41 pm
Sorry guys for the long absence...

Right now I'm working on a bigger project (which once it's finished I will make it available here too) that will sort all of these things among a lot of others. It will be a complete playlist/database manager that will support a few Dj apps and it will allow conversions/exporting, e.t.c.

BTW: I'm not an expert programmer. This is my second serious project. First one was my mapper for HC4500 in version 5.x of VirtualDj. I am a novice programmer that creates tools to make his life as s Dj easier.

If anyone is interested to learn more and maybe even Alpha/Beta test the new application of mine please leave a contact e-mail address on this thread. I'm not a licensed user and thus I can't accept PM's nor type my e-mail address.

Thank you !

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 2:40 am
The mods usually delete email addresses posted to prevent spam harvesting, but if you can SEND PMs, send one to me and I would be glad to help you out with the beta testing. You can also contact me through my website at www.BlackBoxxProductions.com (hope that doesn't get edited out).

Thanks In Advance

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 8:52 am
75%