Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

We are currently demoing your excellent software which we hope to use for both djing and music production. We like it very much so far for its intuitive interface and excellent beatmatching features. But alas, it seems that ASIO does not work at all - so latency is rather high. While in ASIO mode we get no playback at all - VirtualDJ does not respond when we press 'play' . It works fine however with MME drivers.

We tested using the latest demo on two different systems, poducing the exact same problem. Thw systems are:

PIV 3000HT (775)
Intel Eatonville
512 MB dual DDR-2 533 Mhz
Asus ATI X300SE
M-audio Delta 66 + onboard Realtec soundcards

Athlon XP 2800+
Abit NF7
512 MB dual DDR400
Asus Geforce 2 MX400 (64MB)
Onboard Nvidia soundcard (native ASIO driver)

We use these systems with ASIO drivers for music production with no problems whatsoever.

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 2:20 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry for the delay, an answer should come soon from someone using ASIO (in general people use Maya usb44 ...)

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:28 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The problems you are experiencing could be related to the cracked version that you had installed.

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:48 pm
DJ Rick, assuming the demo on your site is not a cracked version, you should try and find a different explanation.

This is your idea of support?

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 6:56 pm
@Spacefox.....Asio is well supported in the full version i use it 3 days a week in da club and 7 days a week for production remixes and I assure you this is the best soft in the bizz.
Hope to see you as a full user soon,Then check my blogs for any extra production ?s
Hows that for support!
Regards
Andre

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 10:49 pm
@DJ Andre Landry

Thios software is sure impressive, no doubt about it. It's fun to use, intuitive and seem to have a powerful feature set. This is why, unlike many other dj application, the trial version is still installed on my system.

While I'm glad it works for you, I would like to know if it operates flawlessly on my system. 100EUR is a hefty amount for me, and while I'm perfectly willing to spend it on the right kind of sotware - i'm not willing to throw it away and find out later I have technical issues with it.

I entered these forums hoping to get some help with my problems. Instead I'm being accused with using pirated software. This does not convince me of spending any money, this only fills me with doubt.

Now it seems VirtualDJ is a labor of love. I am sure many man-hours were invested in it. It sure looks like it deserves my money - why let inappropraite support ruin that?

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 12:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@spacefox

Sorry if the wrong conclusions that have been drawn toward your situation, however; if you wonder around the forums you will notice that alot of threads as of late are persons posing as if we won't notice they are using cracked versions.

However, to indirectly answer your question; is that there is no such thing as 'flawless' software. Everyone's system and configuration will have different initial results until you can get the system tweaked. As you read through the forums you will find this to be the scenerio for almost all the power users of the software. But, trust what you have read and experienced so far as VDJ is the best software out there.

I will tell you directly, that your investment will far out weigh the lack of performance and dis-satisfaction you will receive by investing 2 - 3 times the 100EUR cost for other applications.

Now as to your problem, the ASIO support maybe do to the demo version not allowing the more advanced sound configurations. I use the Maya44 USB with ASIO drivers. I use the TimeCoded Vinyl, experimented with the TimeCoded CDs and even written a little blurb in the General Discussion forum about my latency issues, which are resolved and tweaked to 99% perfect. Check out my blog for a link to the dicussion thread.

So, I hope this helps. And look forward to seeing you as a full user.

cstoll

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 4:14 am
My sincere sympathies to the devs and support team for having to put up with warez users.
This however does not justify such a response from the support team. The trial version is put there so I can test it. It is time limited and I have only 8 days left - instead of just testing I have to respond here to some crazy allegations?

As for the "no software is flawless" remark. Of course every software has bugs, this is why there is a support team.

Now this seems like a very friendly user community, and I thank you for taking the time and posting here. But I'm buying the product from the company - not the users.
If the only official response I get is "you are using a cracked version", just like that. No explanation, nothing - this brings doubt as for the quality of support.

As for ASIO working for some users - it seems y'all using either maya 44 usb or dj console. I will be using M-Audio Delta 66 for my djing gigs - so it does not really tells me anything about compatibility with my card.
But thanks anyway.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 9:19 am
Please understand that when allegations are said it is because of "facts". We the VDJ team look forward to seeing you as a registered user. Of course we will offer "trial" related support to you as a non-registered user.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 10:10 am
@ spacefox

I have just recently ordered an M-Audio Ozone workstation which also uses the ASIO drivers and should receive it this week sometime which I will test out although one suggestion before I can actually help you out to troubleshoot this would be to contact e-service.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 12:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 1:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)