Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues with Playback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Some issues we are having:

Certain mp3’s sound distorted if you disable the software’s limiting feature. Even trimming back all the gains in the software and on the soundcard itself, they still are distorted. I’m a Self employed Nightclub Sound Contractor and the System’s Engineer for the biggest computer company in my city so no it’s not in the phono jack. No other players play the same songs with distortion.

Certain mp3’s are compressed way too much if software limiting is turned on. A lot like having your compression/limiting turned up way to much in your processing.

Certain mp3’s are very very choppy. Sounds like bits of information are actually missing. Its not that the processor is maxed out or anything either. BPM Studio, PCDJ, Winamp and Audioactive (Although very basic it is the best sounding mp3 player in the world) all play them fine. Audioactive also uses Fraunhofer’s algorithms.

I’ve tried this on two machines. One being a P4 2.8 with 1024 Megs of Ram. And one an Athalon 1.3 with 512 Megs of Ram. Both machines show the same symptoms.

Both Machines also do not like playing 80 minute, 140Meg non stop mixes. Pretty much get the finger while playing even if it does actually load it. Not a big deal really. I can use Audioactive for that.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I love VDJ and the DJ’s that I have introduced to it, love it as well. Just a few issues I’d really like to get worked out and if any can be resolved, I would be greatly indebted.

Thanks Again,

Matt Orton
Synergy Pro Audio and Lighting

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 10:29 pm
my advice would be to only use autogain, and turn limiter off

I have had such issues too, when I had both autogain and limiter on.

Using autogain will playback most songs at the same volume

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 4:34 pm
Great ... thanks for the info. I'll give it a try .. BTW ... is there a release Date for 2.07?

Matt

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 8:29 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It will be released as soon as it is ready.
:-)

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)