Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A Wish List and some Unknown Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Some wish list items. I know Christmas is still kind of far away but I figured Id try. :o)

An option to be able to load a song into the player without having it be removed from the play list. I like to change my mind mid mix on what I’m going to play next. I hate having to drag the same song back to the play list just to load it to the player again when I finally decide to play that song.

An option to have a song be removed automatically from the play list (after) it has finished playing or you hit the backspin or brake to finish the song.

A Right Click and Remove function in the play list. It’s not always fun to drag a song from the play list to the desktop just to remove it. It’s a pain when you’re running full screen.

A full Screen mode that allows you to see the Taskbar at the bottom. I run multiple windows folders open that I have categorized and drag songs into the play list on the fly while I’m playing. I usually have only a max of 10 or 12 songs in the play list at any given time. I work the play list a lot through out the night as a temporary space for those songs if lucky will get played or should I say they are on deck and could be up to bat very soon.

An option to change the mpeg decoder. I’m not sure which one VDJ is currently using but I would really love to use the latest Fraunhofer algorithms. To me, they sound the best and as a sound contractor for Nightclubs, It’s important for me to demo things that have great fidelity.

Last night, VDJ just closed for no reason at all in the middle of a song. No error, nothing. I have no idea why. When you load a song into a player , if its already playing, it flags you and asks, “ Are you SURE You want to load this song because the player is already playing?” That would be a nice flag to have if the program tries to exit or you hit the X by mistake. Are you sure you would like to Exit the VDJ?

Alright, now some issues we are having:

Certain mp3’s sound distorted if you disable the software’s limiting feature. Even trimming back all the gains in the software and on the soundcard itself, they still are distorted. I’m a Self employed Nightclub Sound Contractor and the System’s Engineer for the biggest computer company in my city so no it’s not in the phono jack. No other players play the same songs with distortion.

Certain mp3’s are compressed way too much if software limiting is turned on. A lot like having your compression/limiting turned up way to much in your processing.

Certain mp3’s are very very choppy. Sounds like bits of information are actually missing. Its not that the processor is maxed out or anything either. BPM Studio, PCDJ, Winamp and Audioactive (Although very basic it is the best sounding mp3 player in the world) all play them fine. Audioactive also uses Fraunhofer’s algorithms.

I’ve tried this on two machines. One being a P4 2.8 with 1024 Megs of Ram. And one an Athalon 1.3 with 512 Megs of Ram. Both machines show the same symptoms.

Both Machines also do not like playing 80 minute, 140Meg non stop mixes. Pretty much get the finger while playing even if it does actually load it. Not a big deal really. I can use Audioactive for that.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I love VDJ and the DJ’s that I have introduced to it, love it as well. Just a few issues I’d really like to get worked out and if any of my wish list items could be achieved, I would be greatly indebted.

Thanks Again,

Matt Orton
Synergy Pro Audio and Lighting

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 7:49 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please re post this in the "New Features Section" ;)

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)