Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin updates

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As it is recognised that some of the skins on the update page on site cause issues with VDJ why are they not fixed or repaired. I have been advised from a reputable VDJ source not to use them due to the problems they can cause.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to post the concern to the Skin forum and it is the responsibility of the Skin Creator to correct the Skin.

Also, there is a "Created for" statement that identifies which version the skin was created for. If the skin was created for an 'older' version then it is possible that it may not work in a newer version. This is specially true with v6 because of the change to using VDJScript from the old action language.

But then again, the responsibility is up to the skin own to improve that skin to work with the latest version.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 5:47 am
lOL

CStoll it one of yours oops, Its regarding the VJ skin. DJcell looked at this and sent me a modified file ommiting one of the fonts however when reloaded it crashed VDJ6 so wont / can't use it until sorted.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 6:02 am
Well next time contact the creator ... not my issue that it crashes your system ... since I didn't modify or correct the problem.

And since you didn't notify me and still haven't explained the problem ... how am I to fix it ?

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:28 am
Fair words.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:38 am
cstoll,
There are some skins labeled as "for VirtualDJ 6x", but still have the old scripting language in the xml. So this may cause problems as well.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:08 am
djstevieray ... show me one ...

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 2:10 pm
I beleive Turntablist 5.2 wich says......

Turntablist variations v5.2
1280x800
Author: listen2
Nb downloads: 26 361
Created for VirtualDJ version 6.1

But I believe (and was told in the skins forum) that it uses some (if not all) v5 code. Because I was trying to modify the pitch nudge to pitch bend, and it would not work when I changed the line.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
That is true it uses mostly the old script, but you cannot properly run that skin on older versions on VDJ. Not all the features will work, for example scratchwaves will not appear unless your running 6.0 or greater. I would not suggest running the skin in older versions, they may appear fine for the most part but i have not tested it. It has been tested in 6.0 and runs flawless. Thats why the skin is labelled for 6.0 .

the older script is backwards compatible and should not cause an issue in newer version of VDJ.. That skin you mention is all older code with the exception of scratch waves and the spinner rotation. Both which run fine under older script.

If your trying change nudge to bend then it should be done under older script.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:21 pm
listen,
thanks. I gathered that info already. I was just listing a skin for cstoll as he requested me to (one listed v6 that uses the older scripting)

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:51 pm
Why do I keep seeing threads showing like this one = 11 posts, but I only see 10. It also shows cstoll as last post, but I do not see his reply? Are teh admins, and mods hiding things from me?

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 7:55 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Nothing is being hidden Steve. Sometimes the Team has instructions for the Mods and they post those at a level you cannot see.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 8:27 pm
chriso710 -- I am still waiting to know what the problem was/is with the VJ skin ... might want to enlighten me so it can get resolved....

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 10:41 pm
Shame there isn't a way to update them from the program it's self eg an update skins button

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 3:59 am
Sorry CStoll had a few other things to attend too.

The VJ skin was seen to be posing the problem it was diagnosed to had crashed my system. When I posted the crash report, DJCell looked at this and requested that I send him the skin I was using, he edited it and took out one of the fonts and returned the corrected skin via email The Skin worked fine for one gig but then had the same crash according to DJCell. I can send you the skin if you wish.

Cheers

Chris

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 4:05 am
That has been done.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 11:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)