Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Cue Markers in the Scratch Waves

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You know what you developers should do?

Put Cue Markers in the Scratch Waves!!!!

Just an idea that I thought of right now.. lol

Anyway, doesn't it sound good? If you put cue markers in the scratchwaves it will aid us EVEN more when we scratch/mix, because we can see where we have placed the cue point, in the scratchwave!!

They don't have to be clickable, we just need to see that its there. Just like the rhythm panel!!

I think this is something you guys should really consider!!

What do you think?

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 1:17 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This is a good idea, but it isn't possible for the moment.
Maybe in a future release of VirtualDJ

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 2:22 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
+1

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 2:26 am
Take a look at this skin by L2: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8875/C_E_.html

Although this isnt technically cue points in the scratch wave form - the way he has coded it has given the impression that they are in the scratch. It works well for me.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 11:16 am
Looks good! Too bad I'm unregistered.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 11:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djtouchdan wrote :
Take a look at this skin by L2: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8875/C_E_.html

Although this isnt technically cue points in the scratch wave form - the way he has coded it has given the impression that they are in the scratch. It works well for me.

The script code does not help us to put cues in scratchwave. Listen2 has tried but the result is not so good. Cue point do not "float" according to wave.

BTW i'm at with those who believe that VirtualDJ must not try to look like other softwares. Rhythm elements are working fine for me.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 4:03 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I added those and i think they work fairly well depending on the level of wave zoom your using. The cue points are connected only to the ryhthm waves and cannot be (at this time) associated with the scratchwaves. Its not perfect but it does work and its helpful. It's better then nothing.

By default the 2 button for zoom works the best and almost follows them perfect. The one thing you should note is that reguardless of following the scratchwaves perfectly, the cue point will hit the center line exactly where it should, no matter what the zoom level.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)