Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Acc files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm interested to buy virtual dj software, but it has to play my acc files buyed on itunes to respect legal restriction.
Does exist a version that can play these kinds of files? Where can i buy it?
Thank you.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 2:43 pm
Upcoming 2.7 will read those files ......
Andre

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 12:15 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Of course v2.07 and not v2.7 ;-)

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 12:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yeah i think 2.7 will do your laundry and wash your car for you.

There isn't any support in vdj for itunes downloads no yet, I'm sure its a legal issue or itunes just won't let it happen, vdj will play aac or mp4a or mp4 tracks in future versons, but you'll have to burn to cd and re-encode.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 9:00 pm
This is not a good thing for vdj software beacause it means that I can't play in public my files.
When I burn a cd and re-encode, I loose my authorization to play these files for a paying people and it's dangerous for me beacuse I work in a disco.

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:32 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Once you bought songs, you can do with them whatever you want. just do not share them! So you can feel free to re-encode them to any format you want, but you have to have the original (.acc) files with you everywhere you want to play them.
The same is if you buy original cd and then encode songs to .mp3. So if you want to play those songs in vdj, you have to bring the original cd.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 6:01 pm
Thank you
I will make so with re-encoding,
I hope that it's a legal transaction...

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 10:29 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@quattrocentocolpi

Where are you from?

If you are in the US, then YES; it is absolutely legal to do as described.
As for your PUBLIC use, if you are working in a club/disco then here in the US it is up to the Management to supply the licensing for PUBLIC use reguardless of where the music came from.

@DJ Nikki - I never heard of having to lug your entire CD or Original File Download collection with you where ever you go?

cstoll

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 5:59 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@cstoll a lot of djs who mix with mp3s (newest cd-players or computers) have to bring original cds or songs wherever they go. For example: you buy 5 cds (albums) and there are only 3 songs that are good for mix and peope like it, on second cd there is only 1, on third cd there are 2 songs and so on..... So why not to make cd that contain all best songs from those 5 cds? So you make your own compilation that you don't have to search always for specified song and burn all best songs on one cd and play it in public. So you have compilation that you made it by yourself an you can't proove that you bought those songs. That's why you have to bring original cds with you in club.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 9:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)