Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Previous PC now UPDATED to MACbook Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJOSPPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I previously had a PC and Virtual Dj 5.2 Rev.6. I've been using VDJ for at least 5 yrs and have been running a 3D sound card to cue my tracks, but now i switched to a MAC & my question is how do i setup my 3D sound card to cue my tracks with MAC. When i insert the sound card it reads in the sound setup as built-in-out & USB AUdio. When i start a track & want to cue the other track i can here both but all distorted.I've tried every option.

I need some feedback on how to use my 3D usb Sound Card.

Thnx in advance.. Hope to here from u guys soon. I'm having problems with my PC & i def need some advice before Tues. cuz i start at my clubs Tue-Sunday.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:38 am
What's the make and model of your USB-soundcard?

Posted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 6:19 am
I have this same problem on my MacBook Pro. My USB card is 3D Sound Model HY552. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 4:00 pm
Hello DJOSP and Camouflage,

1) If you have a multi-channel USB sound card, you would get a better latency in playing both the mix and the preview on the USB sound card instead of playing the mix on the Mac built in sound card and the preview on the USB sound card or vice versa (since VirtualDJ must synchronize the 2 sound cards because of this choice of playing sound on 2 different devices).

2) If you have no choice because you have a stereo only USB sound card (a bad choice in my opinion), then, to synchronize both the computer built in sound card and the USB sound card, you must run Audio MIDI setup (located in Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup) and one after the other the properties of the USB sound card and the computer built in sound card output, and you must check both are set in 16-bit 48KHz (or 16-bit 44.1KHz for some sound cards), but don't mix a 16-bit 44.1KHz setting for the built-in sound card while the USB sound card is set at 16-bit 48KHz, or you will have a distorted playback.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:38 am

Posted Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 12:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)