Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: First DJ-Mouse from djtech - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 11:37 am
Now there is a recipe for Carpal Tunnel. I spin 5 nights a week using primarily my mouse & all I can say is OUCH! My RMX can't get here soon enough lol

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 11:45 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

..........................> STUNNED

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 11:58 am

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 12:00 pm
"be a professional in one minute without the science of mixing music." WOW! really?

I do like the blue lead jog ring, though.

This might be a good mouse but the promo video is ridiculous.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 12:23 pm
I hate "point & click" DJs.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 12:35 pm
it could be usefull for some fuctions of VDJ IF IT IS MIDI-PROGRAMMABLE.

The only reason you buy it is for SHOW.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 12:48 pm
Anyone using a computer is by definition a "point & click dj" :-P

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 3:33 pm

There's using a pointer and there's using a mouse for mixing, the latter is what most people have difficulty with I assure you.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 3:50 pm
Dj'ing is not about the means, but the method. I have witnessed great artistry from all arenas & all types. A crappy Dj with turntables
will still be crap. Give the same DJ a mouse & guess what? they are still going to be crap.

The means by which they accomplish the end task has nothing to do with whether you are a good dj or not. Back in the day we even mixed with Nakamichi cassette decks that had pitch control. Try that out sometime gang!

That being said, this new gadget is as useless as teats on a mouse. (that being said, some of you I'm sure will have a use for those as well lol)

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 3:59 pm
"everyone is a dj..." hmm

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 5:30 pm

Consumer market dribble...

I don't know how anyone can take this product seriously :), was it posted for fun or are any of you guys actually considering this?

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 7:30 pm
Im gonna try it ... just for fun !

Almost sure... in less than 3weeks ... there is going to be a mapper for the mouse...

LOL !

Posted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 8:28 pm
DJJaEPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It does look cool when the lights are down, but after watching the video on Youtube, why get it compared to other stuff that is on the market now? After listening to the selling points on how the controller was presented on the video, just left me boggled. I did like it came with Deck-a-Dance, tried it awhile ago. Gotta love marketing :)

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 12:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you need to bare in mind it is meant to be a fun product for the consumer market.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 3:28 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djrobinhamilton wrote :
Now there is a recipe for Carpal Tunnel.

Eheh, after deafness this will be one of the most diffuse "professional sickness" for DJs :D

Anyway, I think such a toy is obsolete. The jogwheel might move while grabbing the mouse itself, thus bending the track; and, if the hand presses the scratch button, you know what happens...
The two buttons are more powerful when used on skin items, just like a classic mouse does. The same does for faders.

In conclusion: the toy itself is nice, but it has more cons than pros. A Hercules Mobile DJ MP3 is still more useful/powerful than the DJ Mouse IMO...

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 4:00 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TexZK wrote :
A Hercules Mobile DJ MP3 is still more useful/powerful than the DJ Mouse IMO...

True but the DJ mouse costs a fraction of the cost of the Hercules unit. Its not meant for pro use its meant for a good bit of fun to my understanding.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 11:42 am
skyfxl wrote :
TexZK wrote :
A Hercules Mobile DJ MP3 is still more useful/powerful than the DJ Mouse IMO...

True but the DJ mouse costs a fraction of the cost of the Hercules unit. Its not meant for pro use its meant for a good bit of fun to my understanding.

Yea that's all it is lol

I would have loved one when I was 15 and wanted to mix music for the first time..., would have made an ideal xmas present, although the hercules would be much better (and sure more expensive).

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 2:13 pm
if this had came out three years ago i say yes it's a little too late

Posted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 3:14 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just when I was tring to avoid using a mouse "at all'. No thanks!

Daz

Posted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 5:42 am
57%