Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound card setup guide

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ive been searching the forum for some kind of sound card setup guide that I can use for my time code setup but I cant find one, I'm sure there's must be a tutorial somewhere around here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have 2 different sound cards I have been trying to setup on my laptop, a Hercules MK2 and a American Audio Versaport.
I get the same results with both, 100% time code quality but I hear cracks in my music playback and when trying to cue up the 2nd player (When spinning the platter) the song that is playing cuts up. Im using both sound cards in ASIO mode.
I got the American Audio Versaport working great in OS X but I cant seem to get either sound card working properly under Windows XP and it bugs me that I cant get either one working properly under windows XP. I will be happy with getting one of the sound cards working properly under Windows XP

My Hardware
2 Denon DN-HS5500 (yes I know they have MIDI but VDJ is not playing nice at the moment with these players so I must do time code)
Behringer DDM4000 Mixer
Hercules MK2
American Audio Versaport
Laptop is a Gateway FX P-7805u dual booting Apple OS X and Windows XP

Thanks for your help =)

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 3:05 pm
rojeneHome userMember since 2009
Just got a Maya 44.....Can't get it to work right. Keep getting digital feedback....Have tried everything...Running out of options. Any ideas....
Thanks.....Rojene

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)