Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Pioneer DJM-5000 Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now that it's release has been announced I can now mention the forthcoming Pioneer DJM 5000 mixer. I was one of the consultants in the design of this mixer, I was under a non disclosure agreement. It has a lot to offer anyone using VDJ as it has USB built in for midi control AND a built in 6 channel soundcard, couple this with various effects and a sound maximiser which actually boosts the frequencies that tend to be lost in compressed music and overall you have a very nice piece of kit. It's also 19" rack mount sized.

Something i am disappointed with and that i for one kept pushing for at the design stage is it's lack of an sd card type player that could be implemented if you have a crash, I wanted just a little player built in where if the pc crashed you could just press 'play' and you could continue the music during a reboot. Unfortunately i was overuled on that particular addition. For more details do a google for pioneer DJM5000.

The next question is..... will VDJ fully support this fantastic piece of kit with regards to controlling VDJ?

It's over to you team....

More info here :- http://www.gizmag.com/pioneer-djm5000-mixer/12490/

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 8:23 am
Very interesting piece of kit. Other than the weird two-tone color scheme and the sound card being USB instead of FireWire, this mixer seems top notch.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:27 pm
It matches my MEP-7000 nicely!

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 7:36 pm
I took this picture at the Expo 2009

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 2:35 pm
Man looks really nice but I bet it will cost a Arm and leg!!!

Posted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 3:31 pm
I just can't get over the fact how stupid that darker middle section looks x(

It's understandable that they left out the FX-section, but leaving out phono-preamps is just plain weird. I know it's geared towards mobile jockeys, but still...it's not like it would cost a lot.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 6:02 am
Because it's geared towards mobile DJ's but predominantly computer based mobile DJ's, if you want the phono then the 3000 is the one you want. Why buy a midi and souncard equiped mixer to plug turntables into it?

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 1:24 pm
It also puzzles me that someone chose to move this topic to "hardware technical support" when in fact it is NOT a technical support issue and is of general interest as it announces the release of a new piece of kit. Placing it here will only really attract the attention of people looking at support issues and not necessarily the general VDJ population to whom it was aimed.

so who's guilty?

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 2:27 pm
awsome i have the mep & djm 3000 and was looking to get an djm 800 for midi but have to think about it for a while longer now. it will fit perfect in my roadcase but where is the effects though still looks pretty basic to the 800

Posted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 4:34 am
TopHouse wrote :
Because it's geared towards mobile DJ's but predominantly computer based mobile DJ's, if you want the phono then the 3000 is the one you want.

As far as I know, the DJM-3000 is a discontinued product.

TopHouse wrote :
Why buy a midi and souncard equiped mixer to plug turntables into it?

I can think of various scenarios:

- There are people who play various formats...vinyl, CD and MP3. Especially in a club/event where the are multiple DJ's.
- Recording DJ-set played from vinyls to computer using the built-in soundcard of the mixer.
- Using timecode vinyls

Posted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 6:40 am
TopHouse wrote :
It also puzzles me that someone chose to move this topic to "hardware technical support" when in fact it is NOT a technical support issue and is of general interest as it announces the release of a new piece of kit. Placing it here will only really attract the attention of people looking at support issues and not necessarily the general VDJ population to whom it was aimed.

so who's guilty?

Yes, I have only just found this after doing a search. I got an email from a supplier about this product and that’s how I knew about it.

Phono's for timecode records, can you use timecode cd's with this without a box eg deejay trim etc

Finally, It's nice to see a mixer from a good brand that has three mic's two of which are xlr and a soundcard built in. Basically features that benefit the digital jocks that we all are.

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 4:56 am
Input Terminals: CD / LINE x 6 (RCA) , DIGITAL IN x 2 (RCA) , MIC x 3 , (Top panel XLR/¼-inch combo x 1, XLR x 1, ¼-inch x 1)

Output Terminals: MASTER OUT x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1) , ZONE OUT x 1 (XLR) , BOOTH OUT x 1 (¼-inch) , HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 1 (Top panel ¼-inch) , REC OUT x 1 (RCA)

Other Terminals: SEND x 1 (¼-inch)

RETURN x 1 (¼-inch)

CONTROL OUT x 2 (3.5mm mini-jack)

USB-B Port x 1

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 6:05 am
Can the crossfader be mapped to do the video crossfade only. While at the same time using another controller such as a Denon 4500.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 2:53 pm
Probably, I don't have mine yet as there was only a couple in the country of the final stage product, I had a play with the pre prod model and i will say it is VERY VERY nice, oh and for anyone who loved the faders on the djm800, they are the same faders on the 5000. They just have a lovely feel to them.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 3:31 pm

Posted Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 10:25 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Looking forward to hearing from anyone that has used this with VDJ.

What's the inbuilt soundcard like, compared to say the RMX?

Presumably because this baby has its own power supply, it can still function in driving a backup music source in the event of a PC crash/hang (with a cd/mp3 player/etc connected to one of it's other inputs)?

Looks like a nice piece of kit...

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 12:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)