Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Network Sync Protocol Docs?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm kind-of a hack and would like to write a plugin for a piece of software I'm working on that would allow it to sync with Virtual DJ. Well, actually its 3 different programs; lighting control, video playback and a simple VST host. Is there any documentation about the TCP/IP or datagram/broadcast protocol Virtual DJ is using? To me, the network sync thing is simply the most important piece of this wondeful program besides the beatmatching (I could already do that before I had VDJ). The whole idea of having my lights, video and VST going together (AND in sync) with my tunes would just rock... just imagine the lights and video all doing the coolest thing you could imagine with the coolest tunes you could spin and you're the one doing it. Imagine sctaching with light! Imagine strobes in sync with that 909 snare build... Net Sync Protocol needs some docs folks.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 4:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 9:34 am
Ahhhh, well there you go! VDJ just gets better by the second. Never heard of OSC but it couldn't be anywhere as complex as the stuff I do for my second hobbie (the one that makes me boo-koo bucks for not much effort). Thanks DJ Cel! Guess I'm off to the hippies web site to do some reading ;-)

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)