Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: C.E. 1280x800 (updated 1.4) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey guys just finished up a new skin hope you like it. I can almost say that this is one of my all-time favorite skin!

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8875/C_E_.html

Any comments, bugs(i'm sure you might find one), suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 10:13 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is a big issue with the CBGs, they are not well defined in your waveform so they are not aligned with beats.

Switch to the default skin to see the difference.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 12:30 pm
your right, thanks i didnt adjust them when shifting the section. It's fixed now.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 12:59 pm
love it mate - funnily enough i have been working on a skin with a large horizontal scratch pannel - not sure whether it is as big as that though!! =)

glad to see you creating though L2.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 3:01 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Very nice L2, especially love the large horizontal scratch panels, I'm no scratcher but I love the big waveforms.

Nice one mate.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 7:47 pm
jimmy b wrote :

Very nice L2, especially love the large horizontal scratch panels, I'm no scratcher but I love the big waveforms.

Nice one mate.

Thanks guys.

Jimmy the horizontal waves are multi-purpose. In reality all they are is full unfiltered waves, giving you a full view. I would like to see if i can get a cue marker to appear also on the scratchwaves, currently they do not support cue visuals but i might be able to work something around it.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:35 am
listen2 wrote :
I would like to see if i can get a cue marker to appear also on the scratchwaves, currently they do not support cue visuals but i might be able to work something around it.

Now that would be good if you could mate

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:49 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
listen2 wrote :
jimmy b wrote :

Nice one mate.

Thanks guys.

Jimmy the horizontal waves are multi-purpose. In reality all they are is full unfiltered waves, giving you a full view. I would like to see if i can get a cue marker to appear also on the scratchwaves, currently they do not support cue visuals but i might be able to work something around it.

That will be the Icing on the cake.....great job

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 1:06 pm
Great skin and excellent work;)

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 3:45 am
it almost looks like mixvibes cross :)

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 11:42 am
Very nice, pleasure to use :-)

Posted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 6:26 am
ok so i added cue markers in the scratchwaves... however there is one drawback. They depend on the zoom level of the rhythm waves. That said... they will line up and hit the center line on the scratch section perfectly every time no matter what zoom level. Number 2 on the zoom button seemed to be about the best you can do for now. What happens is the cue marker will appear to drift either behind or ahead of the actual placement of the cue point on the wave, but again it will hit the center line right on the perfect placement.

So you guys can decide if that bothers you or if it is still more helpful then having no cue markers on the scratch.

share your thoughts

edit:
I have tweaked the zoom on the scratchwaves a little bit and does not appear to be as bad as before. I'm going to play with them and decide if its worthy of an update.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:24 pm
I was just testing your skin, and trying to mix using just the interface, and i realized i couldn't pitch bend. My only suggestion is adding pitch bend buttons. Unless I just couldn't find them. Add that, and it's my new default skin. Thanks for the great work.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:05 pm
djstevieray wrote :
I was just testing your skin, and trying to mix using just the interface, and i realized i couldn't pitch bend. My only suggestion is adding pitch bend buttons. Unless I just couldn't find them. Add that, and it's my new default skin. Thanks for the great work.

I added pitch nudge instead of bend. I just like nudge for cases where the bpm might have been not calculated properly, just my preference-- that can be changed. I found a few bugs in there i have fixed and the Cue markers on the scratch section seem to work fairly well so i probably upload soon.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:11 pm
Nudge works for me :) What nudge I usually set my keyboard to +-.03%

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:14 pm
Looking forward to the update!! =)

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 5:07 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
that's another great skin to add to the collection

not sure if you might have missed it or already updated it
the tiny black line on the effect parameter 2 knobs

thanks again L2

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 10:12 pm

L2 any idea when the updated version will be ready to download mate.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 7:13 am
probably in a few hours.

I just got back and caught up with some things and now its 90 degrees,i got to get some pool time :)

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 2:19 pm
thanks for the update - your a legend!!! =)

Posted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 8:17 am
34%