Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Microphone Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Juice18PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey Guys:
I am have been using VDJ a lot and it's great! I have two sound cards One internal and the other external. One of them is the Hercules Console I and just bought the MIC and plug it in on the Console. I use the the second external sound card as Master. And the Hercules as my monitor for headphones. The thing is I want to be able to use the Mic without using the Console as main volume I want it to be my other external soundcard by it's self and hear the mic from the console

By the way I have The latest Direct X Drivers in my pc

Oh and If you ask yourself why I don't use the Console as master Volume. Its because the sound from Hercules has some kind of noise in the background I try Changing the sampling rate and still the same sound quality from the console. I try the optical output and nothing, the coaxial and even had my cables changed. It's most likely the console soundcard inside I really don't know. My other external card is crystal clear.

Thank you very much
VDJ the best!!

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 6:48 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
about noise: do you have laptop? i have laptop and when is connected to power i hear noise when use HDJC as main output. I will try to set headphones on HDJC and main to internal sound card. i will post results here.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 2:21 pm
this might be because you have ground loop problems and such

Please try to disconnect the power supply from your laptop. If the noise disappear, then you have a ground loop problem

Search technical forum for answers, or get a ground loop eliminator from your local radio store

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 3:40 pm
yes, my problem disappear when i disconnect power supply. What is ground loop eliminator?? i mean.. what is it looks like? could you give me a link maybe? i know that the problem is power supply. But i tryed a lot of things, connect my laptop to mixer by cable,..... nothing help.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 4:18 pm
read more here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5960

links for ground loop eleminators there

Also, you can try to connect laptop and other hadware you are using at the same time to different power outlets at where you are. The ground loop problem might disapear if your equipment is not connected to the same power circle...

also, connecting the plug to a power bar that have no ground plug might work also

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 5:29 pm
i solve my problem with power supply by connected power adapter of laptop to plug that have no ground. it works perfect!
thanks to dj-in-norway! =)

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 6:59 pm
No I have a Pc not a laptop but I will try the ground eliminator I will show results soon
Thanks

DJ Juice

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 9:56 pm
the same thing as the above solution might work for you too...

pc or laptop

try connection it to a power supply that does not have ground

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:53 pm
Get a three prong to two prong plug adapter and your problem will be gone.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 4:51 am
The Ground Loop thing really works it solve problem I have no more noise problems in the speakers thanks guys !

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 2:11 am
@Juice18: which one did you buy? i was looking for it but there are a lot of different pieces of hardware to solve ground looping problem..
i just want to know =) i solved my problem with no grounded power suply.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)